1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Flash Adding Flash banner to website

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by liberty1611, Sep 11, 2008.

1. liberty1611

liberty1611 New Member

Hi, I have created a flash banner (which would appear in the main title graphic portion of a template website). I am creating a website from a template (www.tustinforchrist.com) and would like to replace the title graphic with the flash presentation and then when the flash is done playing restore to the static graphic. How can I do this?:confused:

2. Jaybirddesigns

Jaybirddesigns New Member

Put the graphic within your flash doc. At the end of your animation put another key frame and add another layer. The new layer, call it actions.Within the Actions layer put a stop; action.

Maybe more clarification,

Import your graphic from the template. Then, place that graphic in a movie clip. Next put that movie clip in a key frame after you last key frame of your animation. Then add an layer called actions. In the actions layer tell it to stop at the exact graphic frame by saying stop;

Hope this helps,

3. liberty1611

liberty1611 New Member

Thanks

I am certain that would help me, if I knew more than what I know--which is not much!

Can you help, or point me to help to find out:

1) What is a key frame?

2) How di I add a layer called actions?

3) How would I write the stop command?

4) Will this restarte the flash everytime someone clicks of the home page link (when navigating from the website iteself)?

Thanks!!:D

4. Jaybirddesigns

Jaybirddesigns New Member

1. I believe hitting F6 will add a key frame to your timeline, just make sure you have a layer selected..

2. you should see next to the time line, Layer 1. or somthing and just like in photoshop you can add layers by clicking the little paper looking symbol. Then double click on the layer you just made and call it actions.

3. To write a stop command. Press either f9 or f8 i cant remember, or go to windows tab and open the actions panel. Here you write code. Stop command is simply:

stop;

4. yes it will restart.

5. Tutorials: http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flash/index.htm

Great resource for many tutorials. I sarted here, the more tutorials you do the better you will become.

5. hirewebdesigner

hirewebdesigner New Member

Good question.
    Thanks for sharing information.

6. tekkiegurl

tekkiegurl New Member

nice banner!