1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General Argh! The pictures won't show - I messed up the links...

Discussion in 'General' started by ShirleyTemplate, Aug 10, 2009.

1. ShirleyTemplate

ShirleyTemplate New Member

I'm almost there, but I've managed to screw up the links to the pictures due to folder changes (I think). The pictures won't show and I'm wondering if anyone here knows a quick way to fix it. Just the thought of having to do it pic by pic gives me an ulcer.....

The page is password protected at the moment but if anyone wants to help a damsel in distress and take a look at it I'll be more than happy to let you login!

2. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

There is not enough info on your post so I dont know what you need but tell me more and I will try to help

3. ShirleyTemplate

Thanks!

It worked out in the end, but thanks anyway. I have another problem though, maybe you can help me with this one.

The web site is designed for a choir and includes a password protected section/page. This section has been placed in a subfolder called "login". I've uploaded the CSS style sheet to the main folder and all the pages work except for "login".

I've tried to place a copy of the style sheet in the login subfolder, but the login page still doesn't work. How do I get it to "connect" to the style sheet in the main folder?

4. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

do you have your path set right like

5. ShirleyTemplate

Hi ishkey! The path is

<link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

Would you like me to send you a private message with username and password so you can have a look at the web site?

6. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

If you use the style sheet in the main folder do this
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="../style.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

the ../ tells it to go up one level to the main folder

If that dont work send me what I would need and I will get you straight.

7. ShirleyTemplate

I finally got the style sheet to work (I copied it, renamed it to login.css, put it in the login folder and did this:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="login.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

it seems to work......

-----------------------------------

There's one thing I'm curious about though. I would like to have a contact form, and I've tried to find something pretty easy. I've been messing around with DW, but when I insert text fields I don't like the look. I want simple, framed boxes like these instead:

http://www.orebrohamn.com/exempelfiler/kontakt.php

How do I do it? I'm not a complete idiot (um....I think) but I'm not very good at scripts, so I think I need to keep it pretty simple.

Interested?
    /Paula

8. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

If you have the send mail scrip already Then I will need the form field names and I can build the form for you. If you dont have the sendmail script I will get it for you let me know

9. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

Take a look at this

http://www.bmcoll.com/infocontact.html
    Does it fit your needs. I can send it with the css and you can change the css to match your site . I will need your email that you want the script to send to so I can put it in the script and not the form that will fight against spam bots. Pm me and I will write the file for you.

10. ShirleyTemplate

I used Frontpage and created this:

<!-- Start of New Item Description -->
    <div id="new_item">
    <div id="new_item_header">
    <h1>&nbsp;</h1>
    <h1>G&auml;stbok</h1>
    <h2>&nbsp;</h2>
    </div>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <div id="new_item_text2" style="width: 605px; height: 610px">
    <p>V&auml;lkommen till g&auml;stboken! Skriv g&auml;rna en rad och dela dina tankar, k&auml;nslor och &aring;sikter med oss andra. </p>
    <p>REKLAM, HOT, KR&Auml;NKNINGAR ELLER ANNAT OTREVLIGT KOMMER ATT RADERAS <strong>OMG&Aring;ENDE OCH UTAN PARDON</strong>.</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>

<fieldset style="width: 550px;">
    <p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Namn: </p>
    <form method="POST" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--">
    <!--webbot bot="SaveResults" U-File="fpweb:///_private/form_results.csv" S-Format="TEXT/CSV" S-Label-Fields="TRUE" -->
    <p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <input type="text" name="T1" size="42"></p>
    </form>
    <p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; E-post:</p>
    <!--webbot bot="SaveResults" U-File="fpweb:///_private/form_results.csv" S-Format="TEXT/CSV" S-Label-Fields="TRUE" -->
    <p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <input type="text" name="T2" size="42"></p>
    </form>

</form>

<p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <textarea rows="5" name="S1" cols="60"></textarea></p>
    <p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <input type="submit" value="Skicka" name="B1">&nbsp;
    <input type="reset" value="Rensa" name="B2">&nbsp; </p>
    </form>

<p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</div>
    </div>
    <!-- End of New Item Description -->

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm satisfied with the look, but I have no clue about the "backstage area".

I've just joined a site to learn how scripts work, it's got tutorials in Swedish and I think this will make things a whole lot easier for me. Right now I'm waiting for my membership to get activated, I basically have to learn how scripts work and how they interact and communicate with css and html. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out with the tutorials...:eek:

Maybe it's a good idea to wait and check out the tutorials first? The website is just for our local church choir (oh, if you wanna check it out, go to www.jarvsokyrkokor.se).

I don't know, what if people who visit the site just want something plain and static? Perhaps it's best to wait and see, the site has only been online for about a week.... what do you think?

Kind regards
    /Paula

11. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

The form you have there will save the info to a file that you can read. It you want to email it I can write you a short script to email it and change the form to work. Its up to you

12. ShirleyTemplate

Thanx, that would be really nice of you! I don't think I'll use it right now, but it's gonna come in handy when the time is right. Can you tell me where to put the script (in the code)? Oh, btw, just me wondering... is the script similar to a guestbook?

Thanx a million
    /Paula

13. ShirleyTemplate

Is it admin@bmcoll.com? ...I forgot to ask you.

I'm really not myself today (I woke up, my eye was hurting so bad I could hardly open it (a sty, great...). I told myself it wasn't that bad - so I out went to pick raspberries. We live in the middle of nowhere, and we have tons of them. Guess what happend:

a: a tiny camel came along a told me I had won a million dollars
    b: the rasperries started singing "we wish you a merry christmas"
    c: a twig poked me right in my bad eye

:rolleyes:

/Paula

14. ShirleyTemplate