1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Software Best Antivirus in 2009

Discussion in 'General' started by mariazero1, Nov 6, 2009.

1. mariazero1

mariazero1 New Member

Hi,

I'm looking for a good Antivirus for my PC which can protect from Trojan, warm, virus and hackers too. Which is the best antivirus in 2009? Which should I use ? Which one have you ?

2. kamakubor

kamakubor New Member

i used Kaspersky to protect my Computer from Virus so far so good

3. SidneySilas

SidneySilas New Member

For free software I like AVG Free and Spybot search and destroy. PCWorld has a number of free antivirus programs in the download section, check them out and read the user reviews. You may also want to check with you ISP, my ISP has an excellent security suite that includes antivirus, antispyware, a firewall and more. I have several services bundled together so my ISP gives me the security suite for free, check with your ISP and see what kind of deals they are offering.

4. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

VIPRE Antivirus + Antispyware
    Hands down the Best, Fastest, Smallest Foot Print. Stops them in there tracks.
    All the others are in the dark ages.
    AVG days died 2 years ago.
    Spybot is good tool for looking at an effected computer.
    Kaspersky misses to many.

5. reganstar

reganstar New Member

I am a Kaspersky fan, and aloso I'm using Ad-aware.

6. iInspire

iInspire New Member

Paid: Kaspersky
    Free: Avast

i use avast it works good ;)

7. jessie_james

jessie_james New Member

THE BEST ANTIVIRUS
    BitDefender Antivirus 2010 its has Realtime protection,Advanced heuristic Active Virus Control,Intrusion Detection,Optimized scanning, and Easy on system resources:D

8. Matt23

Matt23 New Member

Norton Antivirus 2010 is my personal choice and as my website is based on virus removal and prevention, you can trust my answer. ;)

Seriously though, the reasons I like Norton 2010 is mainly down to the fact it has insight protection. Known good files aren't scanned, meaning that the scan time is around 20mins or so. The known good files stand at around 60 million and known bad ones are at around 11.5 million at the moment (and counting). (when you click Details beside where it says Insight Protection, you can see the progress) It also has very detailed and easy to understand results pages. And its also very, very light.

I currently use it and love it. :)

9. mixx

mixx New Member

If you are not techy do not choose Norton! It will slow down your PC if you do not know how to configure it properly.

Comparatively antivirus from trendmicro is a better solution.

From free ones i like avg and kaspersky (personal).

10. joieb

joieb New Member

I work for an anti-virus company and personally it's the best anti-virus solution. I have been personally using Trendmicro for quite some time now and it works really well for me.

I also used Norton before and it's okay too.

11. Matt23

Matt23 New Member

Actually Norton doesn't slow your PC down in the slightest (unless you have 512MB Ram or less that is). And you don't have to be techy to be able to understand it. It may look daunting at first, but everything is clearly laid out and well explained.

Also, I really wouldn't use Trend Micro. I haven't tried it lately although the latest UI looks very unprofessional. It actually looks like a rogue, even though it isn't.

Here is a thorough review of Trend Micro

Trend Micro Internet Security 2010 Security and encryption reviews - CNET Reviews

And a thorough review (on the same site) of Norton

Norton Internet Security 2010 (1 User, 3 PCs) Internet security and firewall reviews - CNET Reviews

Anyway, I'm more than happy with Norton as what its antivirus doesn't catch, the sonar will. I haven't felt the need to switch with something else since I made the switch over to Norton 2010.

12. ronaldo1

ronaldo1 New Member

In my view the best antivirus is nod 32.

13. campbell1

campbell1 Banned

but i dont like new version of norton because of its system requirements.. i am using Avast form a very long period..

14. Recidivist

Recidivist VIP Member

15. stylianou

stylianou New Member

ok im sorry to say but even thou some of u think nortons is now good? its still the worst anti virus you can get, it misses all major viruses and has 1 of the lowest hit rates.

anti virus
    1. Kaspersky paid (if u dont have cracks :p)
    2. Avira pro/free

spyware/malware
    1.spybot SnD (still the best all things considered)
    2.malwarebytes

16. mikebell

mikebell Banned

For me i always prefer to use NOD32. I think its the best antivirus. I don't want to go for any other one. Its all time best.

17. hoola

hoola New Member

I use too Kaspersky.:)

18. Recidivist

Recidivist VIP Member

Here's my current set up for 2010:

Ad-Aware (Real-time off)
    Avira AntiVir (Real time on + firewall)
    Hitman Pro 3.5
    Malwarebytes
    Spybot S&D (Real time off)
    SUPER Anti Virus
    ThreatFire

4 pure scanners, 1 realtime/firewall+scan, 1 AV extension, 1 acitvity scanner. Works a treat, considering all the cr*p I download ^_^

19. Davidwilson

Davidwilson Banned

I think Bitdefender was very good in 2009..

20. stacky2010

stacky2010 New Member

bid defender