1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Change main picture for each link to Beauty Salon

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by urbngypsy, Jul 28, 2008.

1. urbngypsy

urbngypsy New Member

Hi. Im using the Beauty Salon template and I was wondering if it is possible to change the main picture for each page. For example the main picture (pic_1) on aboutus.html is different from the main picture on the contactus link. If this is possible, what do I need to do to make it happen?

Thanks!:)

2. djwilson

djwilson New Member

Just delete the one at the moment and insert a image image on each page.

3. urbngypsy

urbngypsy New Member

If i understand your response correctly that is only working with the regular pictures but the main picture is saved and set in the coding- so when i change in on one page it changes on all pages. I want that main picture to be different for everypage.

4. djwilson

djwilson New Member

ok, ill download it and have a closer look for you

5. djwilson

djwilson New Member

are you on about this picrture:? If so on the file: styles in the code it says images/pic_1.jpg you need to change that to an image you would like instead of that. If you need more help just ask.

Attached Files:

6. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

7. urbngypsy

urbngypsy New Member

hi ishkey and djwilson,

i get what you are saying and im able to change the picture thanks to all the help youve been giving me. however, my main picture is the same image for everypage that ive done and id like the image to be different for each page. for example for home id like the main image to be a lion but when you click on about us id like that same imag to be a zebra, etc, etc. right now i have all lions. once i go in the style css and change the picture like you told me that one picture sticks to all the pages. Did i miss a step somewhere, on how to make it change each pg?

8. djwilson

djwilson New Member

Follow the link ishkey has posted

9. ishkey

/** Body **/
    #body {

position: relative;
    width: 100%;
    }
    #nav {
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    width: 252px;
    padding-top: 292px;
    background: url(images/pic_1.jpg) no-repeat;
    }
    #nav2 {
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    width: 252px;
    padding-top: 292px;
    background: url(images/your_new_pic.jpg) no-repeat;
    }

10. ishkey

Pushed the wrong button.
    Any way you ADD code to your css file like above in the green. the blue is the orig code. Yes/No?

The HTML files IE., index about look like below see NAV and NAV2
    2.) For each HTML page you want you have to make this change.

(example below for index.html)

<div id="body">

<div id="nav">
    <div id="nav-bot">

(example below for say the about.html)

<div id="body">

<div id="nav2">
    <div id="nav-bot">

Yes/No? Does this make it clear, I hope...

11. urbngypsy

urbngypsy New Member

Upload to website disaster

ok I think i get it....now i have another problem :eek:. When I upload the files onto my website it looks NOTHING like my beautiful template. the format the colors the pictures, nothing. Im using ftp://domainname.com to upload. what did i screw up and how can i fix it? did i edit the poor template to death? ishkey you seem to be the template/upload god, please help oh mighty one!:confused:

:D

12. djwilson

djwilson New Member

Youve probaly uploaded an old css / styles sheet or PSD file.

13. ishkey

Ok first for - "I think I got it."
    You can add to the css file as many NAV sections as you need. (nav, nav2, nav3, etc)
    You could even call them something else, like...
    navindex, navabout, navcontact, etc., you keep all the code the same for each but change the the name (navindex, navabout, navcontact, etc) and change the picture (pic_index.jpg, pic_about.jpg, pic_contact.jpg, etc)

Now the code in the index page (the index.html) would be
    <div id="navindex">

The code would refference the css file to file navindex and would display that picture.

if on the about.html page you used
    <div id="navabout">
    the code would then display your about picture, but if you used the navindex it would then display the index picture.

As for uploading files I have never heard of what you are using.
    I can tell you this about uploading files...
    1.) graphics files must be up/down loaded as a binary file.
    2.) text files must be up/down loaded as ascii file.
    3.) somtimes you have to upload them again, because something got lost in the transmission and then there are times you have to close the upload session, wait 1/2 hour then try again.

Maybe try FileZilla its a open source ftp program works just like explorer.
    And did we miss the link to your site? :rolleyes:

14. urbngypsy

urbngypsy New Member

thanks ishkey and djwilson. You guys are so awesome! my link is www.naturallyclaudine.com still have a couple of typos and forgot the privacy polite, but this is very close to the finished product!

As far as the me not being able to upload the whole site thats bc i didnt upload all the files (like images and style) Im sure another dope will come on here and ask a similar question so just remember the queen of the dopes' (thats me) asked this question already, so now you can help them accordingly.

oh, also instead of using filezilla i just used ftp://domainname.com enter userid and pwsd and then you can click and drag files into the website folder.

15. ishkey

No problem glad we could help.
    now click http://www.irfanview.com/ get the software to reduce down those massive picture sizes. This will speed up the load time.
    Your site looks good nice job.
    Dave

16. liposuctionguide

liposuctionguide New Member

LipoSuction Guide

Not really, the "main picture" is part of "main'swi" and when you use "multiple_scroll_6_links.swi" as "section3.swi" it will load on top of "main.swi". still showing the "main picture".