1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General Copyright problem

Discussion in 'General' started by Walter Tang, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Walter Tang

Walter Tang New Member

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I am a secondary student from Hong Kong. I am recently make a karaoke booking system website for my school based assessment. I have found a suitable Karaoke Website Template at https://freewebsitetemplates.com/forums/threads/karaoke-website-template.20263/ . Is it free? May I take it for my work?
    I have read the Terms of Use, it tells that Credits in the source code must be retained. What should I do in order to have the right to remove those code? Needn't I buy it?
    I apologize for my very poor English, thank you!
    Yours faithfully,
    Walter Tang

2. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

Hi Walter,

You cannot remove the copyright from the source code.
    The copyright is only visible to people who view your website HTML source code which is probably only 0.01% of your visitors on an average website. Mainly curious web developers like us.
    These are already very generous terms of use as most other free website template providers force you to leave ugly copyright credits and links on every page in the footer of your website.