1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General Creating websites from templates

Discussion in 'General' started by davross, May 11, 2012.

1. davross

davross New Member

Hi everyone,

I recently created a website from one of the free tenplatesfor my wifes business (Thanks so much for the work you guys do) and have had a couple of requests from other local businesses to make websites for them. Before I agree I wanted to make sure I wasnt doing anything wrong so I have a couple of questions if that ok....

Am I allowed to charge for customising the free templates for a business and for future updates etc? From reading the terms of use I think Im ok but wanted to double check. Im open about the fact the templates are free and would keep crdit links etc in the code.

Are the images contained in the templates ok to use between different templates and on other websites?

The plan is to register for webspace with a webhost and have all the sites/domains (maybe 5 or 6 eventually) under my account. Anyone see any problems with doing it this way?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks in advance

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

All good questions Davross. (re your name: a Dr Who fan perhaps?) :)
    Welcome to FWT....
    Best to leave answering of all that important stuff to the boss here, Mimoun.
    Mimoun?

3. noor100

noor100 New Member

Yeah the easiest way for a novice to build a web site is to start with a web template. Web Templates can be customized and you can use the layout but swap the graphics etc...

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014