1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy DJ Logo - Request

Discussion in 'Archived' started by H4rdstyle4ever, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H4rdstyle4ever

H4rdstyle4ever New Member

1) What is the exact name you would like in your logo?

DJ Knuk

2) What is your website address (ex: http://site.com ; Site Name)?

Got site, but not needed taking concideration.

3) Description of your website or business:

Music Production and Dj'ing.

4) Have you found any logos/designs on the web that you feel convey
    the style you are looking for?
    [​IMG]
    Ok so I really like this one, with crazy stuff, speakers and a dominating name.
    [​IMG]
    But also this one looks cool with like having a crowd in the background. If you choose this one please have the dj having some headphones, and include some motorcycle-goggles on it's head, dark hair aswell. and a big smile :D

5) Requested size of your logo:

I'm gonna use it on facebook, my website, probably t-shirt, flyers... So a high resolution would be optimal. I would also like a transparent version of it aswell.

I can't decide which is the coolest, maybe a mix? The challenge is there if anyone wants it

6) Do you have any images/photos that can be used for the logo? (must be copyright free)
    Nope.

7) What logo styles do you like (text only, image only, text and image, etc.)?
    I want my name dominating with some nice art behind.

8) What colors do you want to see in your logo?
    Some dark green mixed with something would been awesome.

9) What colors do you NOT want to see in your logo?
    None actually

10) Describe the target audience for your logo
    youth, adults.

11) What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
    Promotion
    Recognition
    Acceptability

12) Where will your logo be used (print, website, etc.)?
    Profile picture
    T-shirt design
    Flyer/Poster
    Website header
    Movie-slide

13) Do you have other info or links you want to share?
    Nothing I can remember

14) Finally we need is there a style font you prefer, please let us know.
    Nope, maybe something in same genre as the upper picture, but else you got free hands.

Thanks if you can make this for me. I'll stick around on the forum so long and see if I can contribute with anything. cheers

- H4rdstyle4ever

2. H4rdstyle4ever

This is just a post to make it simplier for the artists.

I see this post get a lot of views but none replies yet, so I decided to simplify the request.

[​IMG]

Ok so this first picture I want like an avatar in the middle of the picture. What I would like is to have him having some old rusty biker-goggles instead of the sunglasses. The headphones in a darker colour if possible. Last thing on him a cheezy smile like this one. So have enough room for the smile you need to adjust the goggles bit up from the default one.[​IMG]

In the picture I want 1-2 of the speaker that is showing in the upper pic of my previous post.

[​IMG]
    Lastly I want the name surrounded by soundwaves like in this picture. Would been awesome if you could make the name coming out of the speaker(s) in some way.

Alright ain't meaning to be rude or disrespectful, just made a clearer idea of what I was thinking about. Thanks again if you got time and skills to make this for me.

- H4rdstyle4ever

3. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Here is something to look at.
    I was tinkering with the first post, before you posted your second set of thoughts, so I tried to bend some ideas from both.
    I might gave got a little carried away with the second one.

two.jpg

4. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Nice work Mr Ish....

Yep, carried away in the 2nd sums it up....lol

5. H4rdstyle4ever

Hehe...

1st: The name is DJ Knuk, not DJ Kunk :p

And is it possible to recolor the goggles to bit darker, the light brown kinda made it seem bit weird in my opinion :p

Also the smile thingy, either go with one that shows a cheezy smile, or just cut it out.

Lve the shadow thingy on the first, so unless you're very dissapointed I will have that crazy stuff you added on number two removed.

also the glasses in the goggles can you make them sparkle like the default one does in the sunglasses? Don't include the bars and lines, just want the reflection. That would been awesome.

after a while looking at it, I found the paradoks that the avatr thingy is in shape of the speaker, kinda cool, but very secretly.

I can try mix with that idea myself, and see if I can make something that makes it even easier for you.

Thanks for everything and love the work you've done so far :D

- H4rdstyle4ever

6. ishkey

Name think always happens when I'm not wearing my glasses and always on the time consuming stuff.
    Will work on the goggles color. There is a slight glare in them now.
    1 and 2 are the same except 2 has the crazy stuff on top.
    Your right the smile is a speaker, it's just that the goggles, well mask it.
    spk1.jpg
    Will try to get something up soon as my schedule is tight for the next couple of days.

7. H4rdstyle4ever

Take your time, no hurry :D

8. ishkey

Deepened the hue of the goggles and reduced the size so the speaker is a tad more noticeable. Tried to keep the reflection more in-style with old rather than new, threw in a reflection of the word "DJ" in order to enhance your name and keep the goggles from standing out as much as they did. (it's a subliminal thing for sensory stimuli). A few other tweaks.

k2.jpg

9. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

That is sooooo cool Mr Ish, luv the reflection in the shades (very arty) big thumbs up from me!!!!

10. H4rdstyle4ever

Awesome job with the goggles, the reflection is very nice, just wondering if you could make soundwaves surrounding the letters like the last image in my 2nd post, that would been awesome, might have to remove the crazy stuff on the sides though to get room for it :)

Thanks for everything..

11. jd132

jd132 VIP Member

dammn cool i really like how u portrait everything on logo :)

12. ishkey

Your name is in 3d to enhance it's look - The waves just wouldn't look right, not to mention the enormous time it would take me to create a 3d effect.
    Look at the wave logo it is a long rectangle - this one is proportional so the waves would be running to far left and right. That kind of inverted T style just wouldn't cut it.
    Seriously the wave logo is awesome but I just don't think it fits.
    Think about - gotta run for the day, wife has plans.

thanks forset. jd132

13. H4rdstyle4ever

Yeah I see what you mean, btw could you remove the things on the sides? make it seem more clean and less messy :D

14. ishkey

Here it is in a small version. You'll find various formats in the zip for your use.

djk_small.jpg

Attached Files:

15. H4rdstyle4ever

Thanks a lot mate, really appreciating that you got time to this with a tigh schedule :)

I will post some links when I've got my website customized to fit it and such.

-H4rdstyle4ever

16. GG

GG Active Member

Amazing ish!! Love that design and combining speakers making it look like the head too.

Very creative...as always ;)

17. djawesome

djawesome New Member

Dang thats crazy good, good work :)

18. washingtonkaos

washingtonkaos New Member

Nice! : )

I really like that. Looks just funky enough for a DJ...but not entirely crazy! Fabulous Logo Design!

19. H4rdstyle4ever

Hi the logo is totally awesome almost all the versions of it fits.

Though I've encountered a problem, I was trying to make it a t-shirt motive but I got this respond from the company: :confused:

sorry, but the images you uploaded "DJK-logo " (Scene ID: 13380132), we can unfortunately not use the following reasons:

Reason for rejection: The image is not completely converted to curves

Your subject is not completely converted to curves. Therefore, it would not be possible to print it.

Contains the text perhaps? At the motives, it is easy to forget to convert text to curves.

Reason for rejection: Too many colors

Your design contains either more than 3 colors and / or color gradations.

Reduce the number of colors and / or remove color transitions.

I was wondering if you could make a version with all the missing parts included as the company requests it? You'll make my day :)
    Really hate to bothering you, but since I got almost no clue on the subject I thought of maybe give this a try again :rolleyes:

Once again thanks for everything

20. ishkey

Sorry to say the company you are using is full of it.
    Contains the text perhaps? - There is NO text in the file.
    The image is not completely converted to curves - it was created in a vector program.
    Yes there is more than 3 color gradients, how else can you make a 3d name.
    Reduce the number of colors and / or remove color transitions.
    If reduced then the logo will look like crap.
    There is a png and a pdf file in the zip, if they can not work with those then if I were you find another printer that can handle the job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.