1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Fixed Width to Fluid Width

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by savagek, Nov 10, 2007.

1. savagek

savagek New Member

Hi,

I downloaded the free football template https://freewebsitetemplates.com/preview/template24/ and changed a few things but by no means am I experienced at this.

Is there a way to make this template expand to fit any screen resolution? From Fixed Width to Fluid Width?

Please let me know if anyone can help.

Thanks

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

There really is not a piece of code or a snippet to make any site fluid, or expand to any monitor screen resolution. :mad:
    There are more than 40 different screen resolutions.
    1024x768 is the most popular resolution.
    There are two ways to design your website - Table design and Table-less design (using div tags). Template 24 is table-less.
    If you had tables you could use:ex: <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
    This way your tables (or cells) change size depending on screen size.
    With div tags you can only have just one outer table then it can be given a height of 100% to expand and fill the browser space vertically. To make only the content area to expand do the following. After the outer most table or div is given the width in percentage all inside cells or div tags should be given fixed widths in pixels except the content cell or div.
    All of this means you will be doing alot of work... redesigning Temp24.
    What most sites put up "Best Viewed at 1024x768 Resolution"
    Let the viewer change their resolution and get on with your site.
    Hope this helps.

3. jordan333

jordan333 New Member

<table width="%" >

Fill in the % with the % of page size you want on the screen. Full would be 100%, half 50% and so on..