1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Flash Flash Website Upload Help Needed

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by PhotoXe, Oct 26, 2010.

1. PhotoXe

PhotoXe New Member

Hey all,

I have uploaded my flash website template to my godaddy.com hosting account but when I go and view my domain it tells me I must have missed something out when uploading my website.

this is what I uploaded below.

Root File
    tfile_main.xml
    style.css
    main_v8.swf
    main_v8.html
    main_v8.fla
    form03structure.xml
    form03configuration.xml
    contact.php
    contact.asp

plus all my galleries directory files

Can anyone work out what is wrong for me please.:(

2. PhotoXe

PhotoXe New Member

I fixed the problem, I had to rename the .HTML file from main_V8.HTML to index.HTML

My website is not finished yet but you can see it up and running if you like.

www.exposedemotion.co.uk

Update: Its getting there now, just have to update my photographs and sort out the contacts settings

3. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Glad you were able to figure out the problem.
    We had a few members in the past request the Flash forum but alas the haven't been around in awhile. The rest of us my put a flash file in a header or such but we really don't create complete Flash sites. Maybe you can help update the Forum with what you are learning.

4. PhotoXe

PhotoXe New Member

I am learning as fast as possible as much as possible about Flash, Ill do my best and will be dropping in daily so if I find anyone in need of help ill do my best even if I dont know the answer. I will help them find it.

5. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Hey that would be great thanks - best to ya on the Flash Web. Who knows maybe we all can pickup something.
    I just seen the Post From ozone73 "Flash Programs?" (sorry about that ozone73)
    Between you two, our Flash Forum may move Forward.

6. ozone73

ozone73 Member

No problem ishkey. I mostly use SWiSHmax but I do have FireStarter and both are good for making banners. I'm far from being an expert with Flash but if I'm able to offer banner help I will gladly do so. Maybe some day I'll get the nerve to post links to some full sites I've made with SWiSHmax. :eek:

7. PhotoXe

PhotoXe New Member

sure as soon as I have finished editing my flash website, I will start creating a new Flash website and donate it to the forum and it will be something fresh and not already available and not some clone from another site.

I realised the gallery in my template can only show 6x4 and not 4x6 so I had to find a solution, my solution was to add more buttons and pages to my existing flash template and then find a way to add new galleries that will show 6x4 and 4x6 photo's.

I have learnt how to add extra buttons and pages to an existing flash template, now to learn how to add the addition galleries.

www.exposedemotion.co.uk

8. PhotoXe

PhotoXe New Member

Despite me succeeding in creating extra galleries to my flash template from scratch, I have realised an easier way of showing both 6x4 and 4x6.

What you do is create a solid color photo 6x4, the exact same colour as your galleries background, you resize your 4x6 to fit inside the 6x4 (dead in the center) and image merger to merge both photos together.

Yes you will have a smaller size 4x6 photo showing in the end but atleast you can show it, my next job will be to creat a flash website with a gallery that shows all size formats without having to edit the photos.