1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

free mason wifes?

Discussion in 'General' started by bmcoll3278, Sep 24, 2009.

1. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

I have been watching a show on free masons tonight, And got to thinking.

Several presidents have been free masons but what about there wifes .

where they also members.
    Does any one know?

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Here's some info about freemasons.
    http://www.masonicinfo.com/
    They point out that very few presidents were masons.

I don't really understand the whole freemason thing. Seems to me to be an 'old boys' club where members live good lives and do charitable work.
    My hubby was encouraged to join back in the '70's where he was told he would have a significantly higher chance of climbing the 'corporate ladder' if he were a member. He told them, "No thanks" and instead, climbed that ladder on his own through sheer hard work.
    I've nothing against them, I do feel it's their 'society of secrets' attitude that has kept them going throughout the centuries. If there were no secret mens biz stuff, the general public (and media) would not even bother with them.

3. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

They have members in power every where in the world.
    I dont know about all the conspiracy stuff ,if it is true or not but that they have members in very high places around the world is easy to verify.

Still I want to know how the wifes are involved I can not do anything without mine knowing LOL ,so how do they stay secret from spouses? or do they?

4. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

My Father was a Master Mason and a member of the The Scottish Rite, 33rd Degree. My mother well she was just my mother. She could have joined the Eastern Star or one of the other organizations but didn't.
    How do you keep it a secret - there is none. My mother just respected my father in what he did. She accompanied him and help out on many of the ventures throught his life. According to her were very satisfying.

One example I will never forget was this 4 year old boy who had clubfoot deformity to the point that the bottom of his foot was at 90 degrees. The doctors all said it should have been corrected when he was one or two and now surgery might be too late.
    I had spoke to my father about it, within a week the mother of the boy was contacted by Scottish Rite Shrine Hospital for Children. They had setup an appointment, saw the boy, 2 surgeries, rehab, a 3 month hospital stay. The boy is 21 now and walks just fine.

At the time when the boy was 4 yrs old, his mother had 4 other sons and was devorced. She worked hard to feed, cloth and house them but in no way could possibly pay for an operation that they were talking about just so her son would walk right.

During that first contact by the hospital she was told that a un-named benifactor would be taking care of all of the bills and that all she needed to do was take care of her sons, plus her personal bills had been taken care of for those 3 months.

conspiracy stuff - I'm sure there is some, somewhere. Just like everything.

5. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

Sounds like a great story to share lets hear from some others come on guys get in on this thread.

I dont know anyone who has ever been involved with the masons just what I see on tv and of course the conspiracy stuff.

But it is great to hear from some one with personal knowledge. thanks Dave.

6. CovertPea

I see the blokes have to remove their wedding rings before taking part in a certain 'ritual'.
    Our Wives
    I can see why some of the women would be full of questions when hubby came home fron a meeting.
    :D

7. rachelgrr

rachelgrr New Member

Aren't the free masons tied in with the illuminati? From what I've studied about the masons, they seem to be the more friendlier branch of the family tree. The illuminati are the very bad ones. Is that correct? We need more people to get in here with firsthand knowledge. Best to get the info "from the horses mouth" you know?

Rachel

8. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

too much hollywood - da vinci code!!!!!

9. CovertPea

The da Vinci code - There's SO many that actually believe it was based on true facts.
    Mr da Vinci really was not fond of painting, but the pay received from commissioned work provided the cash to fund his true obsessions...
    inventing amazing machines and cutting up human body parts to sketch.

Odd fellow but an absolute genius!

10. rachelgrr

rachelgrr New Member

Hmmm...never saw the DaVinci Code actually. No interest in it. But I do know these secret societies do exist. Not all 'rumors' are false.

Rachel