1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

How did you discover this forum?

Discussion in 'General' started by Enclavean, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Enclavean

Enclavean Member

I know the question may seem random, but its always interesting to hear how other people got here.

I got here through a google search when i was looking for ways to get a free logo. I think i searched for "Logo request" or something like that. (I was actually looking for a forum like this, where everyone help each other out. I like helping people where i can, and this time i also needed help making a logo, so this forum was perfect)

Ahana Banerjee likes this.
  2. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

I think like you most search for free stuff be it logos, templates or whatever they can get for free.

Like you mine was for a Football logo and CP did some brilliant work for me!!!

I stuck around dabbled with some designs using first MS Paint then upgraded to Paintshop and now use Photoshop with a mix of all sorts of programmes that other members put me on too.

I like most on here am always learning new skills in design, so much so that I've dabbled in website design (ok gave me orders to Ishkey :rolleyes:) something I never thought possible.

Now have even become a MOD for the site and look forward to when Mimoun release the new one, fun times ahead!

So stick around you never know same could happen to you?

3. nhantruong

nhantruong Banned

I came across this forum when I was looking for some Template Reviews.

4. GG

GG Active Member

I was actually looking around for people that needed designs so I can get into my business and then seen this site on Google and saw the requests being done for people for free so I thought why not? lol

And also like Forest I stuck around and because mainly I loved how the community was so friendly from the other forums and being kept free by ads and spam (credit to Ish and CP and Mimoun who were the mods back then) and then got into it and now a MOD :D

And never planning to leave :D

5. Recidivist

Recidivist VIP Member

My reason is two-fold;

1. Needed a logo.
    2. Needed a place to practice so that I could eventually replace the logo with my own creation.

Contributed for a while but now I mostly just lurk and post the odd comment. Graphics wasn't really my forte, but the experience was useful.

6. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

I think I originally came here to check out the free templates.
    After reading the 'terms of use' stating Mimoun's templates were actually (and truely) FREE with no need to keep WFT's footer intact (he even says you could tell your boss you made it yourself!).
    So I signed up as a member and have been here ever since.

I found such a nice bunch of people, some even around MY own age. :)

By the way Reci...
    I'm still waiting to post up your 500th post award. :p You gotta stop that lurking matey!!

7. Enclavean

Enclavean Member

Wow, forest, you used to be one if the guys requesting logos!? And now you're like a pro designer. Thats pretty awesome how much you've learned.

8. 1970Forest

Pro designer? Not me not yet, but trying and learning all the time (nearly fell off me chair when read that)

Lots of reading tutorials and pestering the others on here helps, but only just starting to hold my own.

Ishkey used too set little games for us to try, adding elements to pics etc, that used to help loads, so look out for when he does it again, download a prog called GIMP (its a free one) and join in

9. dgp02

dgp02 Member

1970Forest I'm with you there!! Football Crests drew me in and the marvellous CP delivered a title winning crest!! I've just downloaded GIMP with a view to developing some VERY BASIC design skills!!

10. Enclavean

Enclavean Member

Sounds like fun :D

GIMP? Isnt that kinda similar to photoshop? (which i already have)

11. 1970Forest

PS, that's what I use too......so read some tutorials and let's start seeing some designs :D

12. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

I've been told THIS site is good for all things "Gimp".

CP

13. virusbuk

virusbuk New Member

I also found this site through a google search and have been luck enough to have a logo designed twice for me

14. cyberquest

cyberquest New Member

using a search engine keywords: free website templates, css, xhtml

15. dgp02

dgp02 Member

Thanks CP, I will have a look around that website......I will return a new man!!!!

16. sabrinas

sabrinas New Member

I came here by doing a search in google.

17. teper

teper New Member

through Google

18. CampelloChris

CampelloChris New Member

I googled FREE WEBSITE REVIEW

19. dj johnny qwest

dj johnny qwest New Member

Google search for "dj logos"

20. Enclavean

Enclavean Member

Lots of "googling" here :D

They should add it to the dictionary as a word.