1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics how to edit text in a header

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by backdoc77, Feb 6, 2009.

1. backdoc77

backdoc77 New Member

I"m a noob and was hoping for some help on a basic issue. I downloaded a free template and would like to change the text in the header (attached)
    I tried photoshop but could not figure it out.
    Any help would be appreciated

TIA

Attached Files:

2. backdoc77

backdoc77 New Member

Ok...so i figured out that you cannot edit text in the .jpg file. So i loaded up the .psd file that came with the downloaded template (world of warcraft.psd) In the layers window I was able to find the "warcraft" logo that i wanted to change (at least i think it was the logo because when i clicked on the "eye" icon the "war craft" text disappeared). Anyway, there was no T available and i still can't figure out how to edit the header text.
    Basically I'm trying to change the "warcraft" text to "Casually Addicted" which is the name of my guild.

TIA and much appreciated.

3. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

I'll take a look at the psd and see what I can do.
    CP

4. CovertPea

Here it is. Not quite the same but usable.

5. backdoc77

backdoc77 New Member

wow that is truly awesome! Thanks so much for your time. Was it an easy job? What program did you use? Did I miss the T in the layer to edit the text? Sorry for all the questions but I think I'm hooked on web page design. Very fun.

6. CovertPea

I altered it in photoshop.

No, you didn't miss the 'T'.
    I think it had been rasterised into a shape rather than text. Then there was several effects layers above and below it which went towards creating that final great style.
    Mimoun is quite the perfectionist and does an incredibly amazing job of all his templates.

Me, I'm kinda lazy and tend to fall back on using pre-set styles.:D

So if you REALLY want to learn the right way of doing things, study Mimoun's psd layouts and learn from a master!

Cheers
    CP

7. kellyw1818

kellyw1818 New Member

I am having the same problem!

I am having the same problem. I want to change the text in my header to "KK Designs". I would also like to change the very hard to see picture in the back ground and the picture of the baby in the foreground. AM i asking too much? Please help!

Attached Files:

8. sunnee

sunnee New Member

Thanks for sharing your resources once again covertpea! :D

9. CovertPea

You're most welcome Sunnee!

Kellyw-
    I could give it a go for you. If I remember, this template was a little tough to alter because of the layered graphics and the brush swirly things.
    Do you want to post me the picture that will be replacing the baby?

10. kellyw1818

kellyw1818 New Member

Covertpee-
    Thank you so much! I need to work on getting something together for you and I will message you once I do! Thanks!
    Kelly

11. ntchild

ntchild New Member

HI PLs help me as well.. I think i have a similar problem. I downloaded the CharityTrust template and tried to edit the logo text using the .psd file. But when i saved the images the logo.jpg doesnt have only part of the letters. How can i get the whole text saved as an image? pls pls help. - niru