1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General How to use login, register or search on the templates?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mimoun, May 11, 2007.

1. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

How to use login, register or search on the templates?

I have been getting a lot of e-mails about this question so I'm going to post the answer here on the forum for everyone else too.

How?

You need a server side scripting language ( PHP, ASP, JSP, ...) and a database (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
    You have to program a script for this. If you can't program a script no problem, just like the website templates for the design part there are ready made things for this too.

Easy with script templates

There are solutions for these scripts known as content management systems (CMS).
    Popular examples are Drupal, Joomla or Xoops.
    If you just need a blog you can use wordpress.
    Need an e-commerce website use Zen Cart or osCommerce.
    For a forum you can use PunBB, Vanilla or vBulletin.

A lot more can be found on http://www.opensourcecms.com all open source and most are free.
    There are also a lot of commercial scripts like the great ExpressionEngine from ellislab.

Free Website Template Scripts?

We only have 1 premade template coded for a CMS right now.
    You will need to modify the templates a little to use them with these scripts. You have to learn a little about the script you're using before you can do this.

If you can wait we will soon be converting a lot our templates to work directly with the most popular scripts like drupal and joomla. However don't hold your breath this will take some time.

2. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

Mimoun made a post!!

People that use templates from this site are normally new to web design so converting the templates for a CMS would be very hard for them.

Will be good when we start converting the templates for CMS.

3. solemage

solemage New Member

exactly, I just finished converting my clan template into joomla... WOW was it difficult. But I got it :)

Nice post MImoun, This will help many people with there issues

4. Enomfon

Enomfon New Member

Your answer was very helpful. Thanks for posting

5. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

1. Create a Free Website | Small Business Web Design, Free Hosting
      www.freewebsite.comCached
      Create a free personal or business website at FreeWebsite.com. Customize with our point and click website builder. Free web hosting, professional web design.

2. Create Free Websites - Free Website Templates
      www.freewebsitetemplates.com/freewebsiteCached
      Create Your Own Free Website ... WIX Features and Advantages. Publish in seconds; Free hosting; Promote your website
      - - -
    3. Note: after the ads, you are Number 2.
    4. Mimoun, this needs to be corrected !!
    5. thank you
    6. falcon

6. TheGuru Kull

TheGuru Kull New Member

You need a PHP,ASP and a Database Server to register login