1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General i get a picture/logo on front of the layout of my new blogger template

Discussion in 'General' started by AC50, Aug 16, 2014.

1. AC50

AC50 New Member

i´ve made a new blog: http://ad-albums-encyclopedie.blogspot.nl/
    it´s from a wordpress adapted theme, the twenty eleven theme.
    when i view my blog it gives a maintenance picture/logo in front.
    what does did mean and how do i fix this?

On the blogger forum someone gives me this answer:
    It looks like you are using a custom blog template (or a modified Blogger template) so you would need to make adjustments in your code. I hope a user who knows more about this will be able to chime in and offer you some assistance.

i have windows 7 and explorer 10

i hope someone would help me with this problem

Attached Files:

2. Mildju

Mildju Member

Hi,

I just checked. There's nothing wrong (i.e. no maintenance picture). I mean on my tablet using Chrome.

Did you give a try with other web browsers ?

3. AC50

AC50 New Member

It´s strange, that it´s not all the time. i´ve just posted a new post and when i looked at view the blog, it appeared again.
    So it is still there.
    On chrome it´s not a problem, but i prefer working with explorer

I sent a logo picture to see what sort of error it may be. maybe someone knows something how t make some changes in the html code for this ?

4. Dawn

Dawn Community Manager

Hi and welcome to FWT, @AC50!

That's strange, I don't see the problem in Firefox either. And I'm still pretty new with HTML, but I saw this line in your site's code and it made me wonder:
    HTML:
    <meta content='IE=EmulateIE7' http-equiv='X-UA-Compatible'/>
    So I did a little research and from what I can see, the purpose of this line is to get your browser (IE10) to display your site as if you were using IE7. Which, it stands to reason, probably wouldn't go over very well, as IE7 is pretty old. Try removing this line from the code, then save and preview your page again. Does it display correctly this time?

I highly recommend backing up your template files before editing them. That way you can always revert to the backups if you make a mistake, or if this solution doesn't work for you.

You may also want to run your browser in compatibility mode so you can see what your page will look like in older browsers. Just press F12 and select the IE version you want to see from the menu. Be sure to revert to IE10 mode when you're done testing, though :D

A little more information for you from the Microsoft documentation, if you should decide to specify a particular document mode to use:
    In which case, you may opt to replace the line of code I've mentioned with something like this instead:
    HTML:
    <meta http-equiv='X-UA-Compatible' content='IE=8, IE=9, IE=10' />
    This will tell your browser to display your page according to the standards of IE10 (since you have it), and for older browsers, to display it according to IE8 or 9 standards (whichever is relevant).

And finally, you might want to try checking your page across different browsers with some of these tools.

Hope this helps! Any more experienced members have better suggestions? Please feel free to correct me if I've understood this wrongly!

Ruthe likes this.
  5. AC50

AC50 New Member

Thank you for looking so deep into this issue.
    I think i´ve solve the problem, with the removing and replacing from that html code.

THANKY YOU

Dawn likes this.
  6. Dawn

Dawn Community Manager

Great! I'm glad to be able to help. Do stick around and join in our conversations on this forum, and try to help others where you can. You may also wish to post your site for review so our members can help you improve it :)

And nice albums you have on your blog, by the way! :D