1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

JavaScript Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by dcroe05, Aug 25, 2005.

1. dcroe05

dcroe05 New Member

I have a good idea of what I want to do with a certain page, I'm just not sure if it's possible, or what to call it.

I'm creating a web page to showcase my writing (short stories and essays). I've come up with an interface for readers to access the stories, etc. Here's an image of my concept:
    [​IMG]

I want the banner at the top to be a loop of the names of the stories I post. When a story is selected the first page of text will appear in the box below, and from there the user can move from page to page.

So....Questions..

Can I populate the box below without using frames?

Can I make the banner a scrollable "wheel" of the stories I want to be on the site? I'm sure I've seen this somewhere although I can't for the life of me figure out where. I know it can be done with flash, but I want to avoid flash, if for no other reason that I don't know how to use it.

2. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

What you need is a scrollable menu links you can find a ready made one here.

But I have to tell you that this may look cool, but it's not user friendly it's better to have all the titles displayed so you can see everything at ones which makes it much easier to choose.