1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

JavaScript Little help please with a search engine

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by tzoki, Apr 25, 2008.

1. tzoki

tzoki New Member

Well I want to make a search engine for my website. I have a little knowlegend in this type of work {because I'm only 13 and I didn't follow any course}. I got the idea with the tique search java script but I want to make another search type.I want to make a search engine that will dispplay on the results page the name of the artist the song name and a download image..It should be like a tabel select result page..I don't know if I posted the request in the corect category but I still wait a response. (the website isn't a web comercia portal).

Thx:)

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

You seem to be a little advanced for a 13 year old.
    One of the best ways would be to use MySQL Database to store your information and php language for the actual search box which talks to the database and displays the results.
    A good tutorial for you to start with is http://www.phpeasystep.com/mysql.php
    You'll have to make sure your server supports both php and MySQL.
    You also have some reading to do and make it will take you some time.
    Make sure you read other tutorials that are on the web and look for forums about both php and MySQL to search out more help.
    Good Luck and when you get your site up be sure to let us know. Post a link in the Website Review Section.

3. tzoki

tzoki New Member

thx..I knew this stuff but I didn't know what script to use..I had a lot of search scripts but no one made this stuff.. now I know that I have to look in other categories than javascripts..and yes; actually I have almost all the suport in need for mysql databases and php and whatever you want but it's useless..thx again and be sure I'll send you a link to it and if you want an e-mail with the script
    P.S: I wanted toget the search engine without searching tooo hard or building it but I saw that if you want a good work you have to build your own script

4. tzoki

tzoki New Member

search search search

after a little search I found many search engines based on php and mysql but it were not what I was looking for...

as a description of it: in must contain some raws and columns and when you search a word it must show you : the artist the song and a download link..that is all(all relevant to the search).I made a print screen of a website that I found having such things..take a look if you want

Should I use ajax for the search engine??(I have spyed the source code and found that it uses such things in it).:confused::(

Every opinion will be apreciated:)

Attached Files:

• 61.GIF
      61.GIF
      File size:
      14 KB
      Views:
  5. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Ajax will work with any dynamic Web technology ranging from PHP to servlets can serve as an Ajax server. One of the drawbacks that I see to Remote Javascript and Ajax is that it forces the page author to develop a fair amount of Javascript code that manages the XMLHTTP interactions. After looking at your sample I would be using a database with lookup tables, after all the information you will be presenting is static. Once you set it up you will just be adding new titles. A database is just that rows and columns, which indexes very fast.

6. tzoki

tzoki New Member

wow you know a lot about coding...thx:):D

7. pezboy45

pezboy45 Mod/Design & Coder [Pro]

I'm not that great with Java script, so sorry I can't help.

8. tzoki

tzoki New Member

hmm I don't understand what the last post tried to say??(is this spam)
    I have visited the website but I don't know chinesse...anything IN english??

thz for the comm(I apreciate the effort for posting:p)

9. pezboy45

pezboy45 Mod/Design & Coder [Pro]

Yes, it was spam.
    and it has been deleted, along with the others, and the user has been banned.

10. tzoki

tzoki New Member

good to know that.