1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites MyInternetFriend.com - what should I do with it?

Discussion in 'General' started by ChiefGreenbud, Mar 11, 2008.

1. ChiefGreenbud

ChiefGreenbud New Member

Hey guys and gals,
    I am new here... I have had this domain name forever... and just don't know what to do with it..... MyInternetFriend.com

I was thinking like... a "links" site... but we have google and yahoo and a million others....

Maybe it needs to be a tutorial site of "how to use the internet"...

???

Any ideas??

What domain names do you own that you don't know what to do with?? hehehe

Hope this is an interesting type of thread!

Chief Greenbud :cool:

2. Riley

Riley New Member

i have three

duskclan.info
    zombiefun2.com
    zf2h.com

i don't use them... even though i got them for free haha

3. thecarpenter

thecarpenter New Member

MyInternetFriend.com? Sounds like a great name for some kind of forum. I have TheBendMoneymaker.com, (I live in Bend OR) thinking about a general marketplace type site...

4. eVentureBiz

eVentureBiz New Member

You could try using it as an affiliate site.

In other words, put some content on there about, say finding old friends on the Internet. Then throw Google AdWords on there in 2 or 3 places (in and around the content) and offer any other affiliate offers like eBooks or something.

Might only generate about $15/month but hey, if you had 20 of them . . .

5. pezboy45

pezboy45 Mod/Design & Coder [Pro]

Sounds to me like a myspace/facebook.

6. ChiefGreenbud

ChiefGreenbud New Member

myspace/facebook... what a GREAT IDEA !!!!!!
    Do you know it they have any programs out there I can plug in to make that happen?

7. pezboy45

Hmm
    I saw a few for sale, but they tend to cost a bunch.
    I would take a look at making your own/building off of one.
    I actually really wanted to make something like this.
    But, I had no idea where to start.
    I'll do a few searches, and see what I can come up with.

You should also do some searching with Google, and Hotscripts.com

8. emilypal

emilypal New Member

I think it's a cool name for a social site or forum where people could communicate and meet new friends.

9. pezboy45

Maybe using Wordpress and vBulletin.
    I'll see if I can get my hands on a copy of vBulletin.

It'd be cool to get this thing going!

10. hugaming

hugaming New Member

YOU CAN TRY SELLING IT AT http://www.sedo.com/ OR YA MAKE LIKE A MYSPACE FACEBOOK THING IF YOU NEED ANY HELP WITH THAT I CAN HELP YOU THIS PM MY

11. ChiefGreenbud

ChiefGreenbud New Member

Very Interesting

I am very interested in getting this going... you're ideas have really lit a fire under me and YES, I do think this could be something that could be build, developed and sold at some point in time.

If anyone is interested in helping turn this into a "myspace" "facebook" social networking type site, I am willing to take on partner(s).

My email is chiefgreenbud(at)gmail(dot)com if anyone wants to email their contact information, I will get back to you asap.

Thanks for the great ideas!! Hope we can work something out here.

Chief

12. eVentureBiz

eVentureBiz New Member

Those suggestions came to my mind too but realize if you build a social website like myspace, facebook, or Digg, it's going to take A LOT let me repeat that, A LOT of hard work to build any kind of community and traffic.

To build traffic the quickest, pay for it through Pay-Per Click. And if you're going to build a social site you really need to find and do something different.

What BIG problems do myspace and facebook users have that aren't being solved? How are you going to make money from this endeavor? Consider writing a business plan.

Just realize it's not as easy as creating a cool website and people will come. It might even be better to start more localized, like helping people connect within their communities as opposed to world-wide. Then grow like Craigslist.org did.

Good luck.

13. pezboy45

That very true John.
    It does take a load of work to get a site out there.
    (And it has to be cool, so that people that come....will stay!)

All these ideas are just being thrown out there, but I think that it could be used for something. We just have to figure out what and how we are going to do it.