1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

PHP PHP Includes.

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by SimonJC, Dec 29, 2010.

1. SimonJC

SimonJC New Member

Hello all, I’m needing some help with my includes.

Ok so, we write articles on the website but have a section where it displays them all. Like this

http://www.revlimitmag.com/includes/news.html

This then goes into a section on the website such as “news” page. Now what I need to do is grab that content from that page, and go onto the news page so I would then do this

<?php include("includes/news.html"); ?>

Now that’s simple but what if I have 600 items within the news.html page and I wanted to break it down into 100 per page? What can I do?...

Next:

How would I display lets say 30 of the items from the news.html onto a index page?

Is any of this possible or should I be looking at something else?

2. SimonJC

SimonJC New Member

this not possible then?

3. tomw

tomw Member

I was helping you with your project using odCMS but you abruptly drop it because you were not happy with some aspect of the system. I recently teamed up with a designer,]wfiedler, and created a new CMS called wCMS. You might able to use this CMS for what you need. I can help you if needed but no longer on a volunteering basis since I must compensate my partner for developing this system.