1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

JavaScript Please help...

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by lmfrench, May 31, 2007.

1. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

I have absolutely NO idea how to write javascript, and I am wanting to create a simple calculator. Basically what I want it to do is this: I want 2 columns...the first column needs to have an "input" box where the site visitors can enter in the desired amount, that would then be automatically multiplied by $5.00, however I want it to show the $5.00 under the input box but I don't want that value to be changeable, it must be set. Anyhow, once that is done I want the total to show under column one. Now column two (right next to column one) should be like a copycat column, meaning whatever they enter into the "input" box on column one will automatically be entered into the "input" box in column two...however, that one needs to be multiplied by $25.00 (again I would like it to show the $25.00 value but not be changeable) and then show the total under column 2 as well. Then if at all possible, I would like for the two totals to be added together automatically and be shown in a 3rd "totals" box under the other two "totals" boxes.
    I have searched all over for about 4 hours trying to find something similar that is free and that I could figure out how to modify, with absolutely NO luck...so any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

Does it matter is its flash?

I could probly write come actionscript to do that.

3. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

Flash would work better...I just didn't know if anyone here would be able to do flash... :)

4. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

ok Im about to have a go at this now... wish me luck

5. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

ok what you asked does not make sense..

Will probly need to talk to you on msn to clear a few bits up.

6. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

OK

I did not really understand what you wanted all that well but from what I did I have come up with this.

http://www.mercness.net.au/totals.html

Let me know if its right/wrong and what I need to change for it.

7. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

Thanks...sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I will take a look at this and let you know.

8. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

Actually, I was informed that what I needed was something different anyhow, so I don't want you to put too much work into this one...the one that I had done was this one (I had help from another forum member on another site...I posted my request on several forums.) http://www.memoryvilleusafoundation.com/flash/calculate.html

But he needs something much more complex and I can't do it so he is probably going to have to outsource and pay someone else to do it.

9. jordan333

jordan333 New Member

10. tzoki

tzoki New Member

11. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

This was from a year ago, but thanks anyway :)

12. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

LOL!!:rolleyes:
    Better late than not at all, huh?
    By the way, did you eventually find what you were after?

13. tzoki

tzoki New Member

oh..so I guess it was a bit late for the reply....lol thing