1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

How To Q regarding Wordpress.

Discussion in 'General' started by CovertPea, Oct 19, 2008.

1. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Are these wordpress templates just for 'blogs' or can they be used as general websites?

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Yes and No !
    Now that can be confusing...
    It all depends on how the template is written (languages) and your knowledge of them.
    Take the latest Wordpress Templates being pushed here (it seems they are tring to increase their Google rating - nice that they are sharing, but still...), the ones I download to look at for you are written in "php" for WordPress.
    Yet WordPress uses a template system, a combo of "html" "css" and "php" (yes I know this is in their files which is how one part of php works)
    So if you are tring to use them as a "static "html" file you will have to rewrite the entire template. Most other templates out there, if you look at them have this same format, PLUS a seperate directory with files designed like the ones on FWT ( html and css ).
    If you use any of these others, you can use them as you wish just like any other template without the re-write. Pick and choose the parts you need for your web page, the other parts are just there if you need them or need to modify them.
    Hope I did not confuse the issue.
    Attached is a template which contains both, so you can see the difference.

Attached Files: