1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General question about uploading these free templates

Discussion in 'General' started by legitent, Feb 15, 2010.

1. legitent

legitent New Member

hi,

I have a question about uploading these templates. I downloaded the coding and uploaded the pictures individually to a picture folder in my server. I copied the html coding into the text box but nothing is working. I have basic html programming skills and am new to this flash template thing. Can someone guide me how to make this work.

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Which template are you talking about.
    The ones from FWT have no flash.
    There are others which 3rd parties have posted in th two share your templates forums.

3. legitent

legitent New Member

its called "music shop"
    i downloaded it from a list of a bunch of them. I also downlaoded a HTML one and I still had no idea how to use that one either...so confused. I am trying to preview it on one of the other pages attached does it have to be put onto the index.php editor? I have such basic HTML programming skills here its crazy haha

4. ishkey

5. legitent

legitent New Member

yes it is but i duno how to use it

6. ishkey

Did you read the Basic Primer in this forum.
    What is it you are trying to use. Could you be more specific.

7. legitent

legitent New Member

no i didnt read the basic primer. Should I?
    I am trying to get that template for my website. So have that be my homepage. I tried copying the html programming into my web shell but it did nothing but show that as text.....does that make sense?

8. ishkey

Yea you should read it.
    WEB SHELL makes no sense at all.
    The templates have a style.css file which is the layout of the template.
    They have a directory of images which are used by the css file.
    And a index.html which tells the browser what to display and where you put your text.

9. legitent

legitent New Member

ya im using a web shell
    so where shoudl i put the coding? Is it even possible for a webshell?

10. ishkey

WEB SHELL makes no sense at all.
    Explain this term would you.
    oh sorry I see you are reading The Basic Primer - Explain it to me when you are done.

11. legitent

legitent New Member

i went to download your "a basic primer" but it wanted me to download something called babylon too
    is that necessary? thought it was a txt file?

12. ishkey

That link has been messed up I took it out read the last line " scroll down the page to read it"

13. legitent

legitent New Member

hey I read it and put that programming into the style.css file on the webshell. Now it changed the background colour but what do I do with my index.php page? All I see is my old info over the colour that it put up. How do I get the full experience? Like the pics and images that the preview show?

14. ishkey

Someone Jump in here and help try to point this one in the right direction. He doesn't seem to understand and I'm not asking the questions to help uncover the problem.

15. legitent

legitent New Member

sorry you right I don't understand but I think I might get it now.
    So i downlaoded the file and copy and pasted the style file into my style.css directory. Now to make it all work I was wondering what I put in my header and footer directorys? Sorry last night I didn't know what to do. i am slowing starting to understand. I tried copying the footer part of the style file but it didn't work so I am not sure where to go next.