1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Strange Things Going On Around My House

Discussion in 'General' started by ishkey, Jun 26, 2009.

1. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Strange things have been going on around my house this last month or so.
    We have 5 Labs with room for them to run the hills, play in the streams and chase the wild life. All day and into the evening they play outside, come aound 10:00 pm, the 3 older females like to come in to bed down, while the young boys lay where ever.

But lately I have noticed in the night shadows of the yard 6 figures. Must be a neighbors dog I thought, paid it no mind, called the dogs in for the night as usual by whistling.

6 figures got up in the shadows - 3 females come running - 2 boys take their time - 1 new friend slowly heads towards the house. Yep must be the neighbors dog from the farm over 1/2 mile away as the crow flies.

Night after night same story. Day time all of the dogs or just the boys are running the hill sides chasing each other and their new friend around.

I wondered if this dog ever barks. you never hear him, heck you can barely hear him running through the woods.

I wondered what kind of dog he could be, maybe I'll head over to my neighbor just to see if he is missing a young pup, as pups tend to roam. Really didn't want another mouth to feed.

Yep today I head over see my neighbor - but wait there was a fawn in my front yard. (Not unusual as we have deer, black bear, wild boar, turkeys and other animals around) Only this fawn was comming toward the house where I was standing. If I move real slow, so as not to spook her, I can get my cell phone out to get a picture. The dogs are just laying, starring, wagging their tails. Oh no the dogs are up and running at the fawn. I whistled so the dogs would be distracted and the fawn run off to grow up into a doe but the fawn started coming closer when I did. The dogs and the fawn started running all around the house back and forth, even resting.
    I couldn't believe my eyes. Started laughing my head off.
    I kid you not the dogs and the fawn chase each other and rest with each other.

Well at least now I know who the 6 shadow belongs to and she feeds herself.

Just look at the pics below.
    1st the fawn comming to the house.
    2nd dogs with fawn
    3rd after asking the fawn to come closer for the pic. she is 5 feet away - took pics with my omnia phone and no zoom.

Attached Files:

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

What a surprise that must have been Dave! :rolleyes:
    Great photos. Would love to see a shot of them all playing together!

I used to have two dobermanns and if I'd seen them bolting towards a fawn (not that we have them here) I'd expect they would be sizing it up for a tasty snack!

Our pets are constantly surprising us, our two 'tough' dobes would scare the heck out of any visitors yet when our cat had kittens they would both steal a tiny kitten each and take them into their own beds.

Now we have a 7 inch tall fluff-ball type dog who is the size of a large rat but thinks like she's a huge great dane. It's quite comical to watch her chase a bounding 5ft 'roo across the back paddock. :)

3. GDSweb.ca

GDSweb.ca Moderator/Developer

That's something else, and not too common.
    I've seen it before in my home town in Northern Canada, but not resting together with the dogs only playing and getting close.

I have a Boxer/Pitbull cross and a Boxer/Lab Cross and they love to chase every deer and even small black bears from around the neighborhood.......I just have to watch out for the Wolves luring them away at night and....well you know how that story would end...

But anyways great pics, and I would also like to see more pics if you take them.

4. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

ok here are some more pics.
    it's really hard to get pics of them playing they move to fast, but working on it.

Attached Files:

5. palmera

palmera New Member

Thanks for the Picture.... Great Shot....nice....