1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Template: Books Online Gray Vertical Bar

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by carerepair, Jul 3, 2007.

1. carerepair

carerepair New Member

I am working with the Books Online templete. I have not used html or programing in any lang. lately. For my main opening page I am keeping most of the format the same, on the sequencialy pages I want the 4 white boxes that have gray dividers to be one. I can do everything I want but I can't seem to located the code for the vertical gray line. What needs to be done to remove the gray line? Thanks Jason.

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2007-07-03

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2007-07-03

2. carerepair

carerepair New Member

Can someone please throw me a bone here???? There is no point in me learning the entire programming language if someone can just clue me it.

Thanks in advance Jason.........

3. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

It may be just a background image, if it is just open up the image and color over the line in white.

4. carerepair

carerepair New Member

Thank you for you input but it is not an image. If it is an image, it is not an image in the 'image folder' and as far as I know the template does not draw images from anywhere else but once again I don't know this language. Could some one please help me on this, if you don't know the answer but know someone who might, do me a favor and have them look at this post. If we all just help each other out a little bit we can make the world better for everyone.

Thank You advance........

5. carerepair

carerepair New Member

Bump to top.......................
    Anyone?

6. carerepair

carerepair New Member

Bump to top, well.... it looks like no one on this website has any idea how to make that bar go away? If you have ANY idea of way of putting another blank box on top of the old one or anything let me know....... I guess I have to learn the whole lang. Any one recomend a good book?

7. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

It is in fact an image...I happen to have helped someone on this forum modify that exact template a while back and you have to locate the background image and color it white. Let me know if you need help with that and I would be happy to help out with that.

8. kalnera

kalnera New Member

you can look for that image in css and delite it. you don't have to edit image. just look for any image that is called up in css, open it in photo shop or any other image program and if it is the one just remove the code that is calling for that picture.

9. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

That's not entirely true kalnera, if you delete the image in the CSS you have to ensure that there is a background color set. To edit the CSS you don't open it in Photoshop.

10. kalnera

kalnera New Member

I know about css not being opened in photoshop. I was talking about opening the images in photoshop to see which one is the one he is looking for. CSS can be opened in notepad or dreamweaver or any program that supports css files. BUt you are right, he should leave the background collor and other settings intact.

11. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

Ok, I misunderstood you. I guess I didn't read your post properly. :)

12. kalnera

kalnera New Member

that's all right :);). It happens regularily to me :). It might be that I am not very literal person ...

13. hortonx5

hortonx5 New Member

This is well after the original question, but if anyone else is having the same problem...

The gray bar is part of orange_bg.gif

Open the image, recolor the gray section white, and you'll no longer have the gray dividing line between the "Author of the Month" and "Book of the Month" sections.