1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General Uploading a Template

Discussion in 'General' started by Connor, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Connor

Connor Moderator / Programmer

Okay, this is the easiest way in my book to upload a template, after the total customize-ation(sp?) is done.

You will need:
    • A template file
    • An FTP program
    • A website with hosting

Let's go.
    • Open the folder that the template files are in and do [Ctrl] + [A], make sure that the images folder is selected too!
    • Open your FTP program and login with user. and pass., etc... Now, click in the area where the uploaded files are supposed to appear and do [Ctrl] + [V].
    • All the files should appear, if not, repost here.
    Please do not comment this saying, "OMG thanks, this works!!"

ravi singh and shinchao like this.
  2. solemage

solemage New Member

I suggest adding pictures... If you like, I will pm you the one I made on my site, it has pics.

3. i would be glad if you also provide some tips for how to make your own logo or editing the psd files.

Thank's

4. zachdaigle333

zachdaigle333 New Member

-so for these can i use dreamweaver to make a template?
    - freewebs for my website with hosting
    -but would i need a ftp client like Smart FTP to upload my pages or could i do it from freewebs?

5. Exyteh

Exyteh New Member

Show with some pictures, would be easier :D

6. jlouw1

jlouw1 New Member

so where the **** do i get a ftp program

7. there are many ftp clients! try google "ftp client" and get any you like! :cool:

8. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

google for filezilla its open source, easy to use and powerful
    does this help with the *****

9. jlouw1

jlouw1 New Member

yes it does ty......lol

10. sohoque

sohoque New Member

Let's go.
    • Open the folder that the template files are in and do [Ctrl] + [A], make sure that the images folder is selected too!
    • Open your FTP program and login with user. and pass., etc... Now, click in the area where the uploaded files are supposed to appear and do [Ctrl] + [V].
    • All the files should appear, if not, repost here.
    Please do not comment this saying, "OMG thanks, this works!!"[/quote]

can you specify which area in ftp program should i paste template that i copied?

11. user1m

user1m New Member

I have a site on freewebs that i want to use but I don't know how to use an FTP file program. How do u use filezilla dose any1 kno????? plz help

12. ishkey

click on Filezilla to open it.
    Notice how it looks like explorer...
    The left side is your computer, the right side is not yet showing as it has nothing to look at.
    up on top left see HOST: good now type in your web site ie; myweb.com
    next USERNAME: go ahead type it in ie; letmein
    next PASSWORD: type it ie; howcouldiforgetit
    next PORT: leave this blank, your not ready for it
    next QUICKCONNECT botton - click on it, stand back, lookout cause you are now in to your server. be carefull

Now you sould see your computer on the left and the server on the right. :D
    On the left scroll down to where the files are you want to upload, pretty easy.
    On the left scroll down to public_html or what ever freewebs calls your PUBLIC directory. (public means all the world can see it)
    Now you either can drag a file from the left and drop it on the right
    or
    you can right click a file on the left an select an option.
    Take you time, be carefull and don't be surprised if Freewebs restricts how long you are logged on as it does consume bandwidth. So upload/download when you are ready or you will become **** again. Oh one last thing You do have a Password and Username I hope if not contact Freewebs.
    Good Luck

13. ishkey

correction sorry

On the left scroll down to where the files are you want to upload, pretty easy.
    On the left scroll down to public_html or what ever freewebs calls your PUBLIC directory. (public means all the world can see it)

Second On the left should be ON THE RIGHT

14. ishkey

I just had to go to Freewebs since I havn't looked at them since they opened their doors. Under FAQ it had
    Do I really get a FREE website? YES! Your website is totally 100% free. However, we hope that after using your account and experiencing the power of Freewebs, you choose to purchase our Premium Services to take advantage of all of our premium tools. This is, of course, your choice.
    How do I upload files to my web site? Our Site Manager has made uploading simple. You can even upload an entire site in one zip file and unzip it online into your folder! You can also sign up for FTP access for faster uploading.
    It was right in front of your eyes.
    RIF=Reading Is Fun:rolleyes:

15. autumncreations

autumncreations New Member

Man I looked all over free webs and I can't find were I sign up for the FTP service x.x driving me nuts!

16. autumncreations

autumncreations New Member

I found out that you need to pay for a premium service in order to get FTP. Does anyone know where I can get FTP for free? :mad:

17. ishkey

FTP=File Transfer Protocal it's software for transporting you files up/down to a server/desktop. If you are looking for a free host check to see if they allow you to upload your own files or do they make you use their software. Pay a full service Hosting company and upload your own. Have an old pc turn it into your own server.

18. windemerepets

windemerepets New Member

I have Smart FTP and I dont know how it works.

19. ishkey

20. leighahh

leighahh New Member

i guess i am lost because i have the filezilla thing and it keeps telling me that it cant connect i have checked the host, username and password but nothing does GODADDY support this?

Thanks