1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

PHP Website Statistics

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by vareside, Aug 3, 2008.

1. vareside

vareside New Member

Hi folks,

Sorry, it's me again.

I want to share with you a website I found one year ago and I liked it. A very good and trustful service is offered at www.sitemeter.com. Website statistics in with all possible features.

Now to the question I have: How can I create myself a page, where every visit of my website is being registred including details where they came from (what website), their location (country) and on which links they clicked. Is it possible to create such a PHP or SQL script and how? If there is anyone who wants to do so, he or she can write the script for me.

2. pezboy45

pezboy45 Mod/Design & Coder [Pro]

google analytic...
    google it.
    Muchos betta.

3. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

http://awstats.sourceforge.net/?seenIEPage=1

awstats will give you more than your mind can comprehend, whith charts and graphs. with a little code your are there. make a daabase to put them in and your host will send you a BIG bill in less than a month.

Attached Files:

4. pezboy45

pezboy45 Mod/Design & Coder [Pro]

Why would anyone want a big bill
    ?)
    But, yea.
    Still yet, use Google analytics...
    It has to advertisements on your site, and puts no strain on your servers.

5. AcivA

AcivA New Member

6. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

vareside thinks big, just trying to let him know what could happen with all that data, and to be selective on what he stores. He's smart enough to write a routine which would massage the numbers he needs too keep the size down.