1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

World Record Fundraiser

Discussion in 'General' started by GG, Jul 10, 2011.

1. GG

GG Active Member

Hey all! :D

My friends (and possibly me) are planning on breaking the world record for the longest football game (3 Days) in order to raise money for those that have been affected by the devastating disasters such as the Tsunamis, earthquakes & floods etc

The event will take place on the 16th July and will go on until the 19th July for a non stop football (soccer) game. Any donations will be helpful for the cause and all money raised will be given to the British Red Cross in order to aid those that have been affected.

Please show your support and donate as money possible using the link below.

Jamil Riaz is fundraising for The British Red Cross Society

Thank you very much for all those who donate..we truly appreciate it :)

2. coogan82

coogan82 New Member

hey would just like to say i hope you managed to complete this did you do it ?? what was the score. if all went well just wanted to say well done and congrats on the new record

3. GG

GG Active Member

Yeah they did manage to break the record instead of doing it for 72 hours they went for 75. I couldn't attend as I had a few meetings to go to during the time but while they were there I was here trying to raise more money etc. The goal is to raise £20,000 and so far we have approx £13,000 so still going :)

I think the final score was 756 - 746 lol

Here is a article about it:
    Record-breaking Blackburn footballers call it a day after 75 hours (From This Is Lancashire)

4. donaldsmith

donaldsmith Banned

Each day, operators around the world, especially were in danger to defend our freedom. They know that if they sacrifice their life, whether during a mission or training, the Guerrero Foundation will ensure that their children have the financial support and educational advice to go to college.