1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Customization Attn tomw

Discussion in 'General' started by 1970Forest, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Being looking everywhere for past hr and thing I've changed my mind more than any female :)notworthy:)
    Trying to get this sort of fill...Really like the set-up of it http://www.richbrown.info/

2. tomw

tomw Member

I’m not sure that template is open source or not copyrighted. This template’s layout is similar. We could modify it to appear the same without copying their codes. I started changing it by removing the top part and increase the size of the left panel. I also copied the demo pages into your site so you could see how various pages look like.

3. tomw

tomw Member

I got the basic layout to resemble to the one you want. Note that the bottom panel is needed for credits and miscellaneous navigation. The next step is for you to come up with an image for the left column.

4. 1970Forest

tomw
    Layout looks spot on, will work on an image asap;

Thanks

5. tomw

tomw Member

Don’t forget the logo too. Right now I’m using the one from your signature. If you want a different one you can request one from here. Make sure to read the sticky and help out around here if you can as this is a give and take community.:D

6. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Love it!!
    Now you make sure and do what the nice man says Forest! :rolleyes:

7. 1970Forest

If you would be soooo kind and e-mail me when you've finished it, I will get back to you (is that how it done???:whistle: )

8. tomw

tomw Member

Lucky for you CP did not see your other remark::rolleyes:

9. 1970Forest

now you've done it tomw....instead of the 5 possible logo's I'll be lucky for 3....:love:

10. tomw

tomw Member

You might get others to join in and get back 5 or even more.

I have been dabbling in Gimp a bit. Here is my first attempt:

[​IMG]

11. 1970Forest

1) What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
    Forest Graphics
    2) What is your website address (ex: http:/site .com/; Site Name)?
    Work in progress....duhh but you already gussed that...:confused:
    3) Description of your website or business:
    Hopefully to be paid for designs
    4) Search the Internet for any logos/designs on the web that you feel convey
    the style you are looking for?
    Needs to have a tree incorparated some how (can't use the tree in avatar as copyrighted for other website, even though permissinon to use as avatar) with a bamboo stylist as the trunk? tree1.jpg tree2.jpg tree3.jpg

5) Requested size of your logo:
    Ask tomw he should know...hehe

6) Do you have any images/photos that can be used for the logo? (must be copyright free)
    N/A
    7) What logo styles do you like (text only, image only, text and image, etc.)?
    text with image pleeeeeease
    8) What colors do you want to see in your logo?
    red /black
    9) What colors do you NOT want to see in your logo?
    N/A
    10) Describe the target audience for your logo
    Anyone who is will to pay for a graphic / logo

12. tomw

tomw Member

Got it!
    Please take a look and let me know what you think.
    [​IMG]
    Note that the watermark (w-CMS) will be removed upon acceptance of the logo. Don’t worry about copyright. The original design is from a good friend of mine. I’m sure he has no problem of me using it.

13. 1970Forest

:( I've seen that as wallpaper.....so must be copyrighted :ROFLMAO:

14. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Wow from the deep blue sea to a bamboo FOREST:rolleyes: )
    makes one who is watching just how many turns this road trip has!

A thought that hit me was something like this but with the forest graphics carved into the tree
    flogo.jpg

15. tomw

tomw Member

Thanks guys for the feedback. I implemented the logo into the page and it looks awesome if I don’t say so myself:
    [​IMG]
    I’m guessing I will be joining in next time when someone requests a logo customization.

Nice try Mr. ishkey. Forest specifies the logo to be a bamboo trunk type. Not bad though.

Hey Forest, don’t worry about copyright. I have made extensive modification to the original. No one will see that it is a copy.

16. 1970Forest

I've finally caught up, and sorry for the confusion; Bamboo as in the ' Company' as this is what I use
    untitled.png

I do like the look of site though, well done tomw.

I am working on a logo, but work becons, so will finish it tomorrow

Thanks Guys

17. tomw

tomw Member

Hope you realize that I was just kidding around. On a more serious note, ishey design looks real nice to me. Maybe you could use something like that. Please take your time. Work before play.

18. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Looks like the drawing bug has bit tomw - no turning back now.

I know 1970Forest wants something with his Bamboo tablet and a tree like one of the trees in avatar, which is beyond my imagination but I have to post up the one I did earlier, only this time with the words etched into the tree, well it kinda looks like it, only because it took me this long to figure it out. (just doing a Forest thing):ROFLMAO:
    logo_forest.jpg

19. tomw

tomw Member

Yes the bug has bitten and now itchy to scratch… or is it sketch?

Take a look, totally awesome!

[​IMG]

20. 1970Forest

Liking the graphic Ish....nice work.

Here's where I'm at on logo, not totaly happy with it, but is along the lines....:whistle:
    forest logo.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.