1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

PHP Booking an appointment

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by marty_actual, Oct 8, 2013.

1. marty_actual

marty_actual New Member

Hello FWT,

I am trying to set up a website for my auto shop and am not very good with computers. cars yes, computers no. I took (many years ago) a basic html class and by now it all looks greek again to me. I am trying to change a part of the "car repair shop" (seen here https://freewebsitetemplates.com/preview/carrepairshop/) on the booking page.

In the code for the booking page it has this just before the closing </form>tag
    <input type="submit" name="send2" id="send2" value="">

What I can't seem to figure out is what to do so that upon clicking the "submit" button on the page, the form with the filled out information will be sent to my email address.

I tried to change the value to my email, but that didn't work. I need help!! Thank you all so much!

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

You have to send that form to a server side page, like ASP or PHP.
    Using HTML (for the Form) and say, PHP (for Form Processing & Server-Side Validation)
    That dynamic page should format the form data into an email and then you use the server capability of the server to send the actual email.
    The Form on your web page sends the info to your server which then processes it and sends the email.
    Let us know what language your server can use and we can be more specific.

3. SimplyMe

SimplyMe New Member

Hello,
    I am using restaurantwebsitetemplate
    I am asking the same question, HOWEVER, I don't understand where I would get such a .ASP or .PHP from.

ADDITIONALLY, I would like to have a "thank you" page displayed after clicking on "Submit"
    I will attempt to upload the page, but if that does not function, here is a link to the page I created.
    http://www.pats-kitchen.com/thankyou.html

Thank you in advance for your help,
    SimplyMe

Attached Files: