1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy Club Badge / Logo needed

Discussion in 'Archived' started by djjkenyon, Feb 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djjkenyon

djjkenyon New Member

1) What is the exact name you would like in your logo? Firwood Rovers (Font what ever you feels best)

2) What is your website address (ex: http:/site .com/; Site Name)? http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/firwoodrovers
    logo is to be displayed on your website, style (again ill leave i to the expets, something different i guess),

3) Description of your website or business:
    Regular update of fixtures and leagues etc for a 5 a side team

4) Search the Internet for any logos/designs on the web that you feel convey
    the style you are looking for?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQITR38Lqq8gavE7dkpfNVBBQqnExHCMPu4qI4lwGVpAzAclcJo6w - its nice and simple and to the point

http://www.vg.no/uploaded/image/bilderigg/2008/05/20/1211286700458_632.jpg - I like the way it looks slightly different

5) Requested size of your logo:
    It will be for web and posters / shirts etc

6) Do you have any images/photos that can be used for the logo? (must be copyright free)
    Dont have any

7) What logo styles do you like (text only, image only, text and image, etc.)?
    This will help the designers know what type of logo styles you are into and will create your
    logo accordingly.
    Text and Image – Includes text and images used in your logo. This could be used to either
    give a clearer view of what your logo is showing to your audience.

8) What colors do you want to see in your logo?
    State any main colours that you would like in your logo.

9) What colors do you NOT want to see in your logo?
    n/a

10) Describe the target audience for your logo
    Adults, eye catching, different / strange

11) What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
    Who we are, that we are professional and also different

12) Where will your logo be used (print, website, etc.)?
    Website, posters, team kits, balls etc

13) Do you have other info or links you want to share?
    nope

14) Finally we need is there a style font you prefer, please let us know.
    nope you decide i dont mind

thanks in advanc its really appreciated

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

What about your team colours?
    Also, you've got more chance of getting a free crest made for you if you were to help around the forum, (as per sticky) such as reviewing others websites: HERE
    No need to be an 'expert', just tell 'em what you think from a Joe Public's point of view.

3. djjkenyon

djjkenyon New Member

Our team colours are Black with red stripes down the arms.

As for helping around no probs i did have a glance but didnt know how in depth i had to be, ill get cracking on i dont mind helping out n problem

4. CovertPea

Working on your crest now. Is Firwood a town? Does it have any symbols, plants, buildings that its reknown for?
    (Looking for something relevent to add to the badge)

By the way, it's really great that you're helping out around the forum. Much appreciated!

5. CovertPea

How about this style? (shown on both a black and red background)
    firwood-forum.jpg

djjkenyon, Mimoun and modman like this.
  6. djjkenyon

djjkenyon New Member

Thank you so much i really appreciate it.

In regards to the 1st post it isnt a town it is just a street that some of the lads used to live on as kids so as for symbols etc i would say kinda street football things maybe.

I really like the ones you have already created love the style of the emblem, i like how you have put both the full name and intials of the club, to be honest i think you have got it spot on its so much better than what i was imagining. I like the black background as it makes it stand out more, also would it be possible just to have a transparent background too so i can print it to the kits?

7. CovertPea

The backgrounds were added just to show how it would look over those colours. The final crest will be a full-sized png. (no background at all)
    So will this do you?

CP

8. djjkenyon

djjkenyon New Member

Ah ok i see now. Yeah thats great i love them, i cant wait to get them onto the team kits, again thank you so much

9. CovertPea

Okay then, bit late here now so I'll put it together for you tomorrow and post it up.
    Cheers!

10. CovertPea

Here's the zipped files (png in 2 sizes plus a pdf)
    Let me know when you've downloaded it so I can remove it from the forum.

Cheers and good luck with the team,
    CP

11. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Loving the work CP, but if only for me would you pleeeeeeease redo the badge with a second back drop of the shield shape on the left too, as I think it could make a Crowned badge shape (hope you understand what I am getting at???) oh yeah the new smillie too :love:

12. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Sorry for the crude visual, but could not be bothered with trace etc, but here's q quick mock up of what I meant :whistle:

Attached Files:

13. CovertPea

Hey Forest,
    I've done something here with 3 layers that looks a little like what you want. Hope you can use it. (password via pm)
    Cheers
    CP

Attached Files:

14. djjkenyon

djjkenyon New Member

Got it, many thanks, your talents are priceless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.