1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Free Templates Being Resold

Discussion in 'General' started by mikechats, Nov 4, 2008.

1. mikechats

mikechats New Member

Hi there,

I recently found a site reselling most of the free templates off this site - http://www.templateworld.co.za. I have read the terms and conditions of use and obviously they have decided to ignore this. I just thought the original authors should know what's going on.

2. emilypal

emilypal New Member

Of course it's unfair when some people create templates and the others earn money for nothing. I believe it should be stopped!!!

3. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Thanks for the heads up mikechats.
    This type of blatant thievery is bound to happen. :mad:

Unlike the thief's site, FreeWebTemplates' site is extremely popular and very well known for providing excellent web templates, graphic customisations and helpful advice - ALL FOR FREE.

And we all love freebies! :)

4. BandPro

BandPro New Member

I actually think almost everything on that website is stolen. I seem to recall seeing a bunch of their logos on other sites......

5. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

The logos there look like your standard pre-made logo templates that come with most logo making software.

6. BandPro

BandPro New Member

Awww....thats why I know I've seen them!

7. djwilson

djwilson New Member

They can contact the director of the comapny and give them -- days to remove ALL! content and give them the profits of what they made if they dont they can take legal action.

8. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

lol they even changed the text on the preview images saying who it was designed by.

Mimoun would be the only one who can really do anything about it though.

9. ramonjosegn

ramonjosegn New Member

I think that if they ask permission, could be entitled to resell the templates, because takes a long time in Internet search for templates and other resources, and is a service interesting to many people.

Many people do not know where to get templates, free or not free.