1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Gadgets template

Discussion in 'Free Website Templates' started by Mimoun, Mar 2, 2007.

1. DJ Zigga

DJ Zigga Member

Very Nice Work!

2. ethan1066

ethan1066 New Member

aewsome design ..i like this design for my electronics gadgets theme...thanks for the same...

3. advent

advent New Member

Gadget Theme

Hi guys; first post and very very new!!!
    The theme is the best I have ever seen for gadgets, bright, fresh, and modern, very well done and I would love to use it. But being so new to website creation could you tell me what I need to do after downloading it?
    Very sorry if this is too basic a question.

4. tomw

tomw Member

Hi and welcome to FWT. Indeed this template is well done.

I’m currently developing a CMS in which you can use to create a website using that template. Please read this thread for more information. Once you installed w-CMS and download Gadgets Template, your site would look like this:

gadgets

Now you simply update the page contents. You can add or delete pages as well. Let me know if you need further help.

5. advent

advent New Member

Thanks Tomw; and thanks for the welcome, feel a bit like the old fish out of his depth at the moment but seems a great place. Just about to read the thread now, thanks

6. advent

advent New Member

Ok then I have read the thread you gave me and I must say that this is where you tell me I don't have enough experience or background to be on this forum!! In truth the whole thing is totally confusing to me!
    Looking through the thread I note you were talking about how to teach newbie’s and that my friend is 'me'!!!
    Now all I can tell you is that I and many like me 'think' you can download a template and open it up on your PC, edit it and then load it onto a host sever.
    I now begin to think, but don't know, that you need to download it into a file and then use something else to load it to a host that you may or may not have, and then you edit it whilst it's on line?????
    Is any of this making even the slightest sense at all?

7. tomw

tomw Member

It may not make much sense to you now but if you follow the steps that I indicated it will become all clear once you get all the pieces in place. Lets take one step at a time. Do you able to download or copy the file install.php and upload it into your webhost?

8. advent

advent New Member

I have downloaded it wher it sits in my zip folder. Now to move it on I have to say I do not have a webhost. But, this is being set up now as we speak and I will shout up as soon as it is done.
    Forgive me, but through my inexperiance I had thought I could have just opened and edited on my desktop, so I now seem to be doing things a little back to front!! Hey, I do appreciate the help and guidance.:)

9. tomw

tomw Member

No problem. Most people I tried to help out just go away confused and frustrated. If you really want to use this template, please be little patient and work this though with me. It will benefit us both and perhaps other members here as well.

There is a member here provide hosting. I signed up a free hosting plan and it gave me more than what I expected. You may want to use his services, which include Personal, Business, and well as Free Hosting.

10. advent

advent New Member

Thanks Tom, I will try the link you gave me and I will be hanging around to see it through. I want very much to learn how to create a website. I have dreamweaver on my PC but no idea how to use it. But thats another story. Tell me Tom, with the templete would you normally use it as a landing page that links to your website, or is it designed entirely to be a full website and be suitable for adding stock items and being compatible with shopping carts, maybe intigrating with zencart? I know that I have to download product information from my suppliers and some have csv files I can download, and some just have a copy and paste option.

11. tomw

tomw Member

A landing page is normally used as an attention grabber so it can be your home page or some sort of introductory page. Any page designs can be used as landing page. However, make sure it provides just enough information so that it will not overwhelm your visitors; otherwise they may simply leave and go elsewhere

I think it is better to discuss this and other topic of your interests here in this thread. A member here also have similar question on help with template.

12. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man New Member

Nice one! Do you have a version of this in Word Press? Appreciate. :)