1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General Google Vanished?

Discussion in 'General' started by djwilson, Jun 7, 2011.

1. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

I noticed you use Google Ads and Stat Counter
    You should also use Google Analytics and GoStats
    Google Analytics | Official Website
    GoStats Free Analytics & Website Hit Counter, Download Now
    Now you need to track traffic and improve on it while improving position
    "In search of Google page won"
    Set up each page as a separate site in GoStats (the free edition)
    total traffic
    new traffic
    return traffic
    total traffic is good to track and improve upon
    new traffic is keywords
    return traffic is information (how well you satisfy new traffic) plus a few more items like navigation, page appeal, new information.
    -
    prepare for the worst, expect the best.
    (by the way, tell Sheila that we are not "dirty old men" we are "soiled senior citizens").
    -
    falcon

2. navyfalcon

under your latest editions, try to use some of your keywords when describing the album or CD.
    -
    falcon

3. djwilson

djwilson New Member

My site is linked up with analytics which is hooked up to adsense to see what pages earn revenue.

Thanks for all your help, ill get to work now :)

4. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Hey man google is not ur enemy anymore u should try to improve ur rating by sharing good and helpful data some time it depends on ur users trafic and etc u should contact with some web-marketer also so that due to his help ur rating can be improve day by day.........if u want to me to advertise ur web u can PM me ........................

5. djwilson

djwilson New Member

Hi Nicholas, what's your website?

6. navyfalcon

Has your website position and traffic improved.
    What area do you get the most traffic (geographic area)
    What keywords get the most traffic
    Check your competition, what keywords do they use
    check keywords in a keyword tool
    You may want to add and promote those keywords also
    -
    I don't need to know this info (you do)
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

7. djwilson

djwilson New Member

My traffic from Google hasn't improved and it's mainly UK.

Only two of my links seem to rank with keywords related to their pages which is odd as at least 15 did (popular new released content).

8. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Well on my side of the pond, which is pretty amazing considering Google normally sends info concerning your IP area, you rank right at the top out of a whole lot of search results. Not to mention 1st generic listing.
    Take a look.

tdm.jpg

9. djwilson

djwilson New Member

Good to see I rank well somewhere :)

Also IP conern? Does that mean they think its unsafe or just because they don't like the UK much? haha

10. ishkey

Just don't think it gets any better than what is shown above.

No - Not at all. Google and Yahoo made an effort some years ago to have servers placed all over the world. So say you are looking to buy something in most cases your local area businesses would populate the search list depending on your IP location in the world. The more popular websites which pop up in your local search sorta speak are the the ones considered Global.
    Forest's site he has been working on Nikkis Beauty Treatments, doesn't show up here yet. To see it I have to enter Nikkis Beauty Treatments UK.
    Make sense now. If you were a bad IP, you would be locked out of the search and would have to plead your case to what ever search engine.
    An old hosting service I was on was hacked and my site was considered BAD, after Working with Google and the Host it showed up again. Needless to say I said goodbye to them and went else where.

Then again it really could be a UK thing. :rolleyes:

11. djwilson

djwilson New Member

Nice one, glad to hear it :) Now need to work on other pages with the same positions hehe

12. ishkey

Yea figure out what you did right on the first page, use it to make the other pages work.
    Reviews - are dups of the Home page, so it won't rank.
    News - there isn't any.
    Events - Probability need more than one line of text for each event. Same with Tours and Articles.

I found if your main page gets ranked then the other pages need "content" in them or else they fall off the grid.

13. djwilson

djwilson New Member

How about an actual review page. They've also dropped from nowhere, and there different due to the tracklists and reviews.

14. ishkey

You have two same as the front page and no content, a few words in a very short sentence does not make content. It's kinda like fishing, you have to use the right bait and tantalize the fish to want more. Maybe a little less cell phone texting style sentences.

http://www.totaldancemusic.com/reviews/h/hot-inna.php
    this page has content but is to far down in the links to matter.
    Pull some of it to the Reviews main page..

15. djwilson

djwilson New Member

Ive now updated the news with the latest news instead of a sitting links for archives.

Ive also moved the reviews up on the sidebar aswell as take quotes from the album reviews. Currently only one, the other 3 latest albums are not out yet, so will be added in the next week or two.

Anything i can do at all?

Thanks for the help, means a lot!

16. ishkey

There seems to be lots of clicking to get info
    (TOTALDANCEMUSIC - Album Review & Tracklisting - Inna - Hot)

I myself would change menu.jpg
    so the Review was the first menu selection and the next page you landed on from the main Review page. In the Review I would have several links or tool tips to your Buy links at the bottom of the page. Like when you hover over Elena Alexandra Apostoleanu name and others in the review. Also would have her Pic a small one in the review.

The buy links plain.jpg
    really is plain and doesn't make me want to be the first to own anything.
    She looks Hot but the links look cold.

Wow you beat me to it - I'll go look.

17. djwilson

djwilson New Member

Just updated that album page, added pic on review and moved the tab content. Will start to roll this out across the reviews.

18. ishkey

Much better to the changes in your post #35.

Can you excite the viewers even more...

Latest News
    Win Cascada Original Me
    Find out how you can win a copy of the brand new album from AATW.
    Click here for the Cascada competition details

Find Out!!!
    GET YOUR HANDS ON A FREE COPY blah blah blah
    Cascada is giving away 100 FREE copies of her blah blah blah

you know GET IT NOW while it is Hot and you are here and don't forget to click on one of the Buy Links for even more Great Music.

Get them excited and want to buy after all it's New and Hot.

Damn there you go again - I'm not that fast.

19. ishkey

Yea I like it - much better.
    Remember less is not more when you are corralling and herding visitors.
    If you want them to take a walk in your Alice In Wonderland Site, you have to do the work and always hold there hands without there knowledge.

20. djwilson

djwilson New Member

What im going to do from now on is, before i publish the review. Media will be the first thing they see, artwork, videos etc (Due to it having most content) then once review online, ill switch the tabs and review will be the first, beside the media.

Thanks for your help, im going to be a busy bee over the next day or so! haha