1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Graphic of The Day

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by ishkey, Jan 28, 2011.

1. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

I had the urge to try my hand again at a Realistic Drawing like the drum I did last year, particularly after I ran across a turtorial where this young lady created a complete drum set in 3/4 less time, then I could make one drum. Now in retro-spec I wish I had book marked that tut for AI.
    The wife and I were visting at one our sons house, he likes woodworking, when he showed me some exotic wood blanks (Red Palm, Birdseye Maple and others) an elder gentleman had given him, who used to work as a craftsman and who told him "See what you can do with them and maybe I give you some more".
    Now that can be tough one, creating something that will please a master craftsman.
    The detail and the free flowing design of the grain intrigued me. Since our son makes plaques and mantel clocks like this one...
    real_clock.jpg

I told him that I would put down some ideas as to how things might look. Here is what I came up with. I was thinking the base could incorporate a small drawer, whitout wasting to much wood. Not to bad, could use a few more refinements but over all he was able to increase his visualization of what the wood would look like as a mantel clock (not that he can't as he is an artist, woodworking, drawings, paintings - took after his mother).

vector_clock.jpg

here was my first fast attempt.

Attached Files:

2. GG

GG Active Member

You are amazing Ish. That is a brilliant graphic it does look a little graphical but does have the realistic look to it too in some parts but amazing piece of work though.

What program was this done in?

3. ishkey

That little decorative piece in the front I should have taken more time on.
    For the clock and this one I used Xara.

ladybug.png

After working with Forest for a month on a website and both of us pulling our hair out, I needed some r&r.
    I was reading there are some 5000 Species of Lady Bugs as we call them here. I think I truely captured the essence of this one.

4. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Lady Birds this side of the pond...lol

Luv the graphic, the feet made me chuckle (got rid of some of that stress) the way they point in all direction, trying to work out which way the poor thing is walking :D

5. ishkey

Tinkering around again this time with a sorta 3d disk.
    Created one then for some reason made 2 more, reduced them down and somehow it looked like a strange telescope the rest just came trying to create a theme. Being I was born in August it works for me.

leo the lion.png

6. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

The bowling graphic looks awesome.
    Is the first clock pictured above made by your son or just an example?

7. ishkey

Thanks Mimoun and it was fun to make.
    The first pic of the clock is just an example, we suggested he start taking pics of his work to show people but he is one of those artist types that just doesn't think about those things, only focus he has is on his work.

8. ishkey

would it fall in the hypotrochoids or epitrochoids family?

spirograph.png

9. ishkey

A week to remember, we have had here in the southeast USA, so it was time for some reflection and creation.

dove.jpg

10. Enclavean

Enclavean Member

Is that a Dragonball Z scouter in your avatar ishkey?

11. ishkey

Where I come from it is called
    (SVS) synthetic vision system
    Notice it is Red, not Green, Pink, Purple, or Blue
    so even if you have the ability to change power levels, there is no hiding, no power feedback -
    you can't win - you are Doomed...Game Over.

Care to try - feeling lucky.

12. Enclavean

Enclavean Member

Red is cool. Thats the same color vegeta had when he said "Its Over 9000!!!" i think.

13. ishkey

Riven

It's been awhile since my last graphic then again this one took me awhile but it is of one of the greatest games ever made from the Myst Series. (all vector)

Myst_Riven_remake by_ishkey.png

14. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

I don't know the game at all, still that's a top rendition of the inset thumbnail.
    :rolleyes:

15. ishkey

The one game that all women and men played, all had good things to say about it. It is a puzzle style game in the first person, immersing you into the scene and game play, with almost unrestricted movement and travel. They set the standards for many games and special effects you see in movies.
    Thanks for those kind words.
    I tried to use Bump mapping but it just didn't do the trick for the stone texture and increased the graphic size far too much. Went with Texture mapping and Lightmaps to enhance the stone look. A lot more effective with less memory consumption and smaller final file size.

16. ishkey

Professor Mind Reader
    I finally tracked down that old member who could read minds, so if anyone needs help, just click on the pic below - be patient he'll come...

profmindreader.jpg

17. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

ok 5 mins waiting and he is just as good at me at mind reading,,,,nudder

18. ishkey

just messing around with some basic shapes and gradients

goblet.png

Attached Files:

Recidivist and CovertPea like this.
  19. Dear Ishkey,

All looks good and Dragon graphics is simply superb.

20. ishkey

a study in building materials.

buildingblocks.png