1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Just-Made Webmaster likes it here...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by unbase, Sep 3, 2009.

1. unbase

unbase Guest

My name's Lee Davis and I'm a recently made webmaster (with help from FWT and a few other sources). To anyone who's just struggled to be able to frame their own code or is currently suffering - I feel your pain. I was sure I'd never have the ability to not use pre-written templates. I intend to help as much as I can by trawling the forum and anteing up if I know the direct answer, or can even point someone in the direction of the exit of their frustration. As a husband and a father I can attest to the fact that frustrations on this level can hurt or damage relationships since you're (maybe) dead-set on overcoming any and all obstacles to getting your digital project online and generating income. I'm approachable and please feel free to email/pm me for something if you've seen a post of mine and need more info. And, PLEASE, don't despair if I don't get right back to you ASAP as it means I'm busy with an offline venture or I'm in the middle of a build and I don't pay attention to anything but getting it done. And just to drop an intro tip of HUGE value; if you're going for cross-browser compatibility (making sure your website can be seen in the major browsers of IE 6, 7, & 8, Firefox 2, & 3, Chrome, Opera , and Safari) please do yourself a favor and download the Xenocode Spoon Plugin - just Googleâ„¢ for Xenocode (since I don't want to start my 1st post with an infraction for link plugging). It will open your eyes to the things you have to account for in your code to achieve uniform similarity since you'll only achieve the exact same look if you're using formatted text. This is an ESSENTIAL tool for anyone who is or wants to be a webmaster. I was very thorough and checked at least a dozen resources before I settled on this one and the best part is it's FREE! Thank you FWT for having me.:D

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Welcome to FWT!
    Nice to have you on board Lee. We can always do with extra help around here.

Cheers
    CP

3. Hey, Welcome to FWT
    Its nice to have you here.