1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Software Logo making software?

Discussion in 'General' started by baroc revolution, Mar 20, 2012.

1. baroc revolution

baroc revolution New Member

Hi there,

Im new to this site and i think its a pretty cool system, folk request a logo or a website design and pay back by donating money or by just contributing on the forums. I just wondered to the people who design logos, which software do you use? im no use at designing stuff but ive heard a lot of people speak about photoshop.

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

I'd say most here do use photoshop or adobe illustrator for creating vector designs.
    I would highly recommend "The Gimp" as an alternate graphics program. Does almost the same as photoshop but is absolutely free. Can't get a better bargain that that!

3. baroc revolution

Whoever made and named that program obviously had a sense of humour! I might give that program a shot, ive never been any use at drawing or designing things but i suppose a bit of practice would prove useful! Somethin ive always wanted to do

4. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

I thought that myself. It's kind of an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program.

5. baroc revolution

Ah, so it wasnt just a Pulp Fiction fanatic ;)