1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

HTML Mouse Trails

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by str8jaket, Apr 29, 2008.

1. str8jaket

str8jaket New Member

Hi, I would like to put in a mouse trail onto my web site, where can i get one?

The other thing is I want to animate the irc.trivia.net.nz and the welcome and music videos writing on my web page so they glitter or slide

www.trivia.net.nz

any help would be great :)

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Your site looks really great, well done!
    Now, I hope you don't mind my saying that, mouse trails, although cutesy, can be extremely annoying to a lot of site visitors.
    As for animated glitter wording, how about repeating the style of those stars at top around your words like below:

3. str8jaket

str8jaket New Member

i actually used this file on the website, thanks heaps, for the other pages, like I need a seperate page for each tab at the top ie: channels/members/trivia etc so I thought I try and make one like this for each of those too but I am trying to figure out how to make additional pages atm, it's not easy for a first timer lol, should I be using photoshop or you reckon paint shop pro is betta or corel?

4. CovertPea

I'm sorry I can't help you regarding creating the extra pages. All that html and css stuff is too taxing on my brain! :D I'm sure another member here will happily help you out with that. Most of the graphics I make are done with paint shop pro (the one above in the old v7) I have photoshop but rarely use it, I suppose it's because I've used psp for so long now I've become very comfortable working with it.

5. str8jaket

str8jaket New Member

all done mate :)

6. CovertPea

Looks great, the simple and neat addition was just the right touch.

One nitpick though matey...
    The 'welcome' animation is just so painfully s-l-o-w to watch!:D
    Kinda doesn't go along with a fast and fun trivia questions type theme.
    How about speeding up the animation or replace with the one I've done below?