1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy Need Helvetica Font Additions to Logo

Discussion in 'Archived' started by 913, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 913

913 New Member

I am putting together a website for a county Citizen Corps website and we want to add the county name to the Citizen Corps logo
    [​IMG]
    I have all the logo files (as well as an example of what we are looking for) and the usage guidelines. Basically we can add the county name in Helvetica Neue 53 Extended Oblique just above the "citizen" portion.

Can someone help?

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Welcome to FWT! :)

Unfortunately, Helvetica Neue is a 'pay for' font but there are some very similar fonts out there for free.
    The logo you have posted is fairly plain and could actually benefit from having the county name in a different font. (Suppose all depends on the strictness of the usage guidelines)
    If you want to post a link to the files, (and the county's name) I'll see what I can come up with for you.

Cheers
    CP

3. 913

913 New Member

Yeah, unfortunately the usage terms specifically state that Helvetica Neue is the only font you can use to change the logo. It is a government entity, what can you expect, right? :)

4. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

:eek: LOL
    Then the government should supply a free copy of Helvetica Neue to Corps members.
    Try sending the logo and same request to them, you might be surprised!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.