1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Photoshop Newbee Needs Help

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by Soul Man, May 2, 2009.

1. Soul Man

Soul Man New Member

Ok, i have downloaded the musicians agency template, Looks really nice by the way. now i have aquired a copy of photoshop pro 9 to edit the template but when i open it, not having used psp befor it seems really hard to alter text and images, i was a corel draw user for 5 years but i have never seen this type of lay out before. when it opens there is a layer field in the right box and the image in the middle, so i wanted th change the text "musicians agency" to "THE SOUL NATION" So i right clicked the layer in the right hand field thinking this would give me the edit option, it allowed me to change the name of the layer but this did not change the text in the left field(template) sorry guys if i seem tottaly thick bur how do i change the layer name and the acctual text itself??? im ripping me hair out tryin to figure this out.
    My biggest problem is i have never built a web sit b4 or neither do i have any experiance with coding.
    Any help or tutorials would be much appreciated.
    thanks.
    Lee.

2. goldplating

goldplating New Member

Hi Lee,
    Is the photo you are trying to edit a .jpg or is it a .psd? If it is a .jpg it will be hard to alter in photoshop. If it is a .psd it should have different layers for various parts what you are trying to edit. I will look at the template and see what you mean.