1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ramblings and Thoughts

Discussion in 'General' started by ishkey, Mar 10, 2009.

1. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Give and Get Help
    That is the name of this forum. I am going to make the suggestion that we rename all the sections; to something like Take and Take More.
    As it seems we have fallen prey to what has been happening in the world.
    Take Take and Take more. 62,768 members at the time of this writting and growing. Everytime we logon there are questions. Questions which could be answered if people would just look for the answer, but that is not the world we live in. People feel they are endowed with the inapt destiny to have their question answered and then move on, because their life is more important than others. We live in a fast paced world.
    Wouldn't it be nice if people would just give back.
    Members are logging in as experts with problems that need answers; others login just to promote their sites and yet others just to belong. Yet only a handfull actually help out.
    Come on people if you think you have an answer or can point someone in the right direction, then by all means jump in and give a hand. We all will benefit.

Ramblings and Thoughts
    Ishkey...
    62,749 members more at this writtings finish.

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

I just read your post out to my hubby, he asked if we had a search facility on the forum. I told him 'yes'.
    'Simple fix' he then says. 'Delete any new threads or posts that contain topics already answered!'

(if only it were that simple) :D

Once again, I agree with you whole-heartedly Dave.
    I've got many more forum-related gripes to add but listing them would take all day.

At times it can be extremely discouraging to be used (and sometimes abused) by others wanting a quick fix to their problems but on the other hand, it's great that we have been blessed with that knowledge or talent to pass on to others.

CP