1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Flash SWF file is only portion of page!!

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by lanebry, Jan 22, 2009.

1. lanebry

lanebry New Member

:confused:

We recently purchased a flash template for our website. Never having done this before I did research on how to edit and save, etc.

I downloaded the Adobe flash free trial and made changes in the PSD files.

I then used the publish settings to publish the swf files.

I moved all of the swf files and index files into the html folder with the initial index and source files.

The issue is that the swf files only created about 1/4 of the page, the pages do not seem to be linked together, and my free trial expired.

I have obviously missed something.....PLEASE HELP!

Also in order to complete this what can I use to edit since I have no more Adobe flash?

Thanks in advance. ER

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Game Over -
    Search for SWF software, there are plenty to be found and shall I dare say Buy One.
    Why would anyone purchase a flash template with no knowledge of flash and think they can learn it in a 30 day trial?

3. lanebry

lanebry New Member

Since we were told that it wasn't a whole lot different than the other templates except the program that you make the changes in, it seemed like a possibility.

Can someone please tell me what the issue is with the way it published?

We were able to make the changes, so why is it only showing a portion of the template and not linking together?

Thanks. ER

4. somebodystopme

somebodystopme New Member

Its not that easy bro. We cant say anything until and unless we have the template on our hands.. I can help you with it..Leme know.

5. lanebry

lanebry New Member

First, thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions.

Perhaps I am asking too much at once or the wrong questions. The first problem is that the pages are not linked.
    The template was purchased from cbmcard.com. (template 300109797)

Once unzipped there are four folders.
    HTML- source, index, image folder, videos
    Flash- 2 named movie
    Fonts
    PSD- 5 pages

I made changes in the source file that altered the title in the html file.
    I was told that in order to make changes to all aspects of that index file that I had to use macromedia to convert the psd pages to fla and then save them (done).
    Then I was told that in order to link them to the html file I had to use the File > Publish Settings which would create a html & SWF for each page (done)
    Then I was told that I needed to place ALL of those html &SWF into the HTML folder in order for them to all link to the original html (done)
    So I have taken all of the steps, but it did not work.
    Are you able to help me walk through how the pages should be linked? Perhaps I am missing a step.

Thanks. ER

'Those who do not have the means to attend classes do not necessarily have the inability to learn. Start each day by learning something new'