1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Flash Trying to add transparent .swf file walk on video...

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by fam121, Aug 30, 2010.

1. fam121

fam121 New Member

I am able to export out of After Effects with a 4.2 meg .swf file and put it on my website with no problem...BUT the size is way to big for slower connections, so I have been working in flash (new to it) and was able to export the file .swf to my desktop - then import the same way which by the way is 60kb, much smaller! and nothing happens?? It is like I am missing something?? Please help!

Here is the site with the 4.2 meg file on the home page...

lhjna.com/

Thanks Frank

2. fam121

fam121 New Member

Nothing...??? Anyone??

3. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Sorry Frank but I don't understand the question.

4. fam121

fam121 New Member

Thanks for at least replying... Hard to write out the problem BUT after many hours racking my head around I got it... I needed to import ALL the files flash spits out and add them to the website... I was just adding the .swf file. I got the file size down!! --> Now the sound stills chops up, check it here... Leonard Hall Junior Naval Academy I did not have a mic on the kid which I think I'm going to do...! I did render the file in stereo but still skips... any thoughts?

Thanks Frank
    volunteer parent at the school (I'm a photographer) to do the website... Never did one before = MANY hours reading and watching podcast / youtube!!

5. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Ya it's working now.
    Though I am not experiencing the choppy sound you are whereas before with the large file size the movie was choppy. I viewed it with Opera 10.61
    (I did render the file in stereo but still skips... any thoughts?)
    Why does a voice need stereo - it only consumes more bandwidth.
    I would have to say if you reduced the file down as much as you stated then you might want to have a look at your connection or clean up the old pc. That file size is small enough to play over a dial up modem.

My only other thought is it looked better when it came out under the Headmistress. (can we say Headmistress here?) :rolleyes:

A comment about the width of the site - make it wider, this is 2010.
    Today, 76% of computers are using a screen resolution higher than that of 1024x768 pixels