1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General Undesirable links

Discussion in 'General' started by navyfalcon, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

This might sound crazy or hard for you to do, but a great solution would be to switch to a Linux distro (Ubuntu is good if you're just starting out with Linux, you can switch to Debian or even Arch Linux once you're more familiar with using Linux). You can still run Windows in a Virtual Machine on any Linux Distro if you have to, which is a lot more secure than running Windows as your host OS.

2. rmorale

rmorale Member

That's a brilliant idea.

3. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Dawn likes this.
  4. Dawn

Dawn Community Manager

I use CCleaner on my PC too and find it very helpful, as well as easy to use. Thanks for sharing your findings Falcon! A useful read :)

5. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

I have started the process of writing a tutorial for CCleaner. I have the screenshots and now need to add the text.
    I am attempting to write several for different Free malware cleaners, the ones related to Win Registry Cleaners, Because RegEdit is easy to remove unwanted and needed files. Maybe a list of unwanted files for specific malware problems would help. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I will continue with the tutorials.
    I get plenty of practice checking on freeware for my site.
    I have 2 desktops and 2 laptops. 1 desktop has win 7, the other win XP. 1 laptop Linux and 1 win XP. I will be changing The XPs to different Linux OS's.
    -
    falcon

Dawn likes this.
  6. Dawn

Dawn Community Manager

Great! My system could definitely use a thorough cleaning :LOL: Thanks Falcon!

7. navyfalcon

CovertPea likes this.
  8. navyfalcon

9. navyfalcon

10. nidhivyas

nidhivyas Member

I am agree with your answer.
    Very nice sharing information.
    Thanks .............

11. navyfalcon

12. Shrdha

Shrdha New Member

Courtesy true, such types of link is just like unwanted guest, or reciprocal links, first we should remove the cookies.