1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General Uploading a Template

Discussion in 'General' started by Connor, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Wakies

Wakies New Member

Thanks falcon, Ive got some reading to do!!!! :D

2. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

3. halothane

halothane New Member

Ok, I've tried google, reading the stickies, etc.. I got my template uploaded to /public_html via Filezilla. So my /public_html folder now has these subfolders: cgi-bin (empty), Flash, HTML, PSD (all 3 are my template) and wp-admin, wp-content, wp-includes (who knows wth these are...). I guess I'm confused now, because I thought uploading them to the public_html was all I needed to get my website going. When I click on my website, it still takes me to the hostgator "getting started" page. help please!!

4. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

In the public_html directory is a file ether named index.html or default.html which was placed there by hostgator. Ether one of those files is the first file that the server looks for. Reads it's contents and executes the contents. So if is fair to say your index.html file is not there.
    You mentioned Wordpress files, are you using Wordpress. If so you did not follow the Wordpress 5 minute install.

5. navyfalcon

6. navyfalcon

7. Ruthe

Ruthe Community Manager

@nidhish You are definitely in the flow with your feedback! :D The FWT team is currently working on creating image-rich tutorials, so expect to see those soon!

Dawn likes this.